How is the human faeces disposed? I mean where does the poop go from the toilet?

how is our poop disposed n where?

0|0
3|8

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends where you're from. In most parts of central/northern Europe , we don't use chemicals because those are very bad for the environment. We use nature itself.

But first, the water with the all the waste (not just poop but also other things people throw in their toilets) is being mechanically cleaned by going through a grill or rake (I'm not sure what you call that in English). This way, most of the big stuff is being held back, including a big part of the poop. This waste, which has the consistency of mud, then goes to a special machine that sucks out all the excess water, so the mass becomes much more dense. This "end product" then goes to a special tower or large underground room where it is stored and gets slowly eaten away by worms and bacteria, similarly to a compost. Many modern waste water treatment plants these days also use this poop-mass to make green energy.
    The more liquidish stuff that hasn't been sorted out yet goes to sit for several days in a very large, open pool. In this pool are large amounts of special bacteria and yeast that love eating up biological waste. Later, the water goes to a second pool where basically the same thing happens one more time. In the end, many waste water treatment plants also let the water run through a thick layer (2-3 meters) of sand and pebbles. This additionally purifies the water again. I don't know the whole process in detail but in the end, the water is so clean that it can be consumed again without any danger. This purified water is then drained with large pipes into lakes or rivers. In the lake or river it sinks to the the bottom very slowly and then through the bottom sand layers to become underground water. This underground water is then used again as the water that comes out of your tap. There's a waste water treatment plant very close to where I grew up, just a mile through the forest. There's also a river very close to my parents' house that passes by this water treatment plant. As children, we often swam and played in that river just 50 meters under the drainage pipes where the purified water came out. We never worried about the water quality. The rivers and lakes in my country Switzerland are all exceptionally clean. You could even drink from them if you wanted to.
    But that's just how it works here. In other countries like England or the US they use lots of chlorine, which is why the tap water tastes so disgusting. That's sad because it's not necessary. Nature actually does an amazing job.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• a water/sewage treatment plant where they filter using multiple methods and good bacteria and certain cleaning product combinations and then the water is returned to streams and rivers in most cases.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the plumbing, bacteria eat it.. and yeh im not gonna tell you... you will never drink water again

0|0
    0|0
  • Septic tank

0|0
    0|0
    • n what after the septic tank?

• Show All
    • i thought they it would be drained in the sea by big sewage pipes ha ha

• Maybe if u have a sewer but in rural areas u don't have sewer systems

What Guys Said 7

• If you have a septic tank it goes into the septic tank and gets treated well. It gets all mixed up by things that stir all the turds around and treat it until it turns into a liquid that does not smell. The septic tank then pumps it down lines you have spread out in the bush etc and spray it out.

If you are on town sewage (which most people are) it gets treated well and in many to most countries is then pumped a long way out to sea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Into the sewage system I think

0|0
    0|0
  • The sewers...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sewage treatment plant. Or if you live in Canada it just goes straight into the ocean

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on where you're from. :D

#gangesriver

0|0
    0|0
    • there they don't need to worry about disposing. the railway tracks r their toilets.

• It's used as fertilizer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sewage system

0|0
    0|0