Why some people respect to be nun or relgious jewesh but a muslim with hijab not be respected! Srry not all of people but really need to know thx?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because from what a lot of people in the western world hear in the news/media, Islam is a religion of huge oppression for women. I know there's certainly a negative bias in the news about this, but does the Quran not have many lines in it that are decidedly sexist against females, referencing a male's rights to multiple wives, to use them for sex or to satisfy their lust, then leave them and any children whenever they should wish to do so?

I don't think women in hijabs are lacking respect from others, but it's merely a pretty taboo thing. A symbol of minimal rights/freedom of expression to many.

What Guys Said 9

• some people see that being associated with Muslim or Islam comes with negative connotations automatically. sometimes the ignorance is real.

• Not all muslim good yes but real islam should be respected as any other relugion am i wrong?

• Thank you very much :)

• People have to be respected. Gods have to care for themselves.

• I associate Muslim girls wearing a hijab with nuns. (just like some Haredim and Chassidim.) It's more an involuntary reflex than an ideological statement about them.

• Not for all of them trust me ') i'm at least one of them who choose to wear it :)

• in my opinion that clothing is a statement : "I do not want contact with people who aren't like me." (Just like nuns). Thus I'll respect that no contact signal.

• Respect for the person is my personal rule.

• I can understand your frustration - I think the hijab has been seized upon as target of islamophobes

• Do u live in a country were muslims have a bad rep?

• Because in many places where the hijab is most commonly worn, it's not worn by choice, but by legal compulsion with threat of potentially lethal punishment.

• That's wrong trust me :) not all what you hear is right and a case could not be a rule: )

• Because people by into stereotypes and the mass hysteria that both the mainstream media and the governments of the world are actively trying to created. Also, because they give into a institutionalized hatred that has been around for many years.

• I don't think you can compare a nun with an ordinary muslim woman with hijab

• Why?

• As a muslim i can tell you also the girl who wear hijab also maje decision to do that.. she decide for example to cover her body her hair in order not to be shown tonanybidy except her husband she also fast in ramdan ( a month) in order to try to feel with homless people who has no foodshe also pays ( al zakah) money for poor people she also respect you and any other ones this right muslim girl never made sex with any one never show her body to anyone untill she married all of these are our life as a muslim girl so i think as a nun ( not in shape or thought s ) its just like her in her belife in her love to her religion so she desreve to be respect :) thank you

• Maybe in your case it is like that but i have doubts it is for everyone with a hijab like that. A nun has further no normal job and you have one probably now in the future.

Anyway the best way to respond on hate is with love.

• I like how Frances outlawed them. If your going to live in a western world you need losen up and stop being so hermited.

• Did you see that video of a veiled woman (maybe a man) killing an American teacher in the Middle East? Veiled people aren't trustworthy.

• Islam is not a person! In every relgion there is bad people the one who kill three student was christion do i hav the right to hate all christion non sense!

• @asker
      I think the big thing is that compared to Western women, Islamic women are oppressed and the hijab is seen as a symbol of oppression. The other thing is is that Muslims are in the news for terrorist actions all the time (yes, I know they are not representative of most Muslims) and it doesn't really do any good for Islam's perception around the world.

Muslims are perceived as violent, Christians not so much. Not saying that is true or fair, but when people think of Islam, they think of ISIS and suicide bombings. When they think of nuns, they think of Mother Theresa and healing the sick and infirm.

• That's why i try to change i hope you can trust me except seeing my face.. it is just how we look how we feel how we live i'm not perfect not because i'm a muslim just as simple as i'm a human who can be right or wrong.. i do know that a lot of muslims who just hold the islam as a name give bad ideas about islam but still you should try to know that it's not fair to generalize at all :) tha's my hope

What Girls Said 4

• Because some people are racist as fuck.

• We need not to listen to them in every garden there is a garden but still you can find amazing flowers in the same garden

• There is bad flower *** correction

• because most countries have problems with brown people.

• English please 👋🏽😔

• I don't respect ANY religious fanatic.
    But logically the difference between the two are that one is a small number of women who devote their lives to a monastery. They are respected by Catholic people because that is their religion and these women are seen as higher and deserving of respect. Non-Catholics would not give it any respectful over anything else.

Muslim women who wear hijabs are the average everyday civilian wearing an item they are forced to wear because they are seen as lesser people then men. It is not a choice, those who choose not to wear it are often met with harsh punishments.
    People who are not muslim do not respect it because they are not muslim and can see the oppression involved in the garment.