Do you want to have children one day?

After babysitting my younger sisters and brother this weekwnd I say NO.

• No
  • Yes
  • I already have a child/children
  • I'm undecided

Most Helpful Guy

• I grew up with three younger brothers... they were absolutely horrible. They made me want to pull my hair out every single day of my entire fucking life until i moved out. In fact it was so bad, i moved out as soon as i graduated HS (literally less than a month after), and i bought an apartment and i could barely support myself - just to get away from it all.

So i really don't want children. The experience was literally traumatizing (I'm making no exaggerations).

But then again... if i had children, and they acted like my brothers did, they would get their asses whooped until it never happened again. So i don't think it'd be as much of a problem for me.

So i would really prefer not to have any kids. The only thing that would make me change my mind was if i bad a soul mate, but she desperately wanted a kid. And even then, i would only agree to having ONE kid. ONE. And i would pray 15 times a day for 9 months that its a girl.

• And even if a do have A kid, it won't happen until my mid thirties.

What Guys Said 26

• Yes, absolutely. Not all children are terrible, some a very easy and super cute ;-). Also, I think it's different when they are your own children. I think I'm pretty good with kids. Not just practically (I used to babysit too and I also used to teach Sunday school) but in terms of educating and bringing them up. At my high school we had mandatory classes in psychology and pedagogy and I'm also very interested in these fields. I know quite a bit about the mind of little kids and how they develop mentally. It's very fascinating haha ;-). Of course there are also some very annoying moments but believe me, the love they can give you will compensate even the most frustrating situations.

Plus, there's one more, very good reason to have kids: they keep people young. When I look at all the people I know (friends of my parents or neighbors etc.) who don't have children, I notice that almost all these people are nice but in a way very narrow-minded and especially egocentric. This makes total sense because children make it necessary for you as a dad or as a mom to take up lots of responsibility for other human beings, to care for them etc.. In a funny way, kids keep you young and open-minded, but they also keep you humble. I'm absolutely dreading to become one of those stuck-up people who, instead of getting children, gets a good job, works for 10 or 15 years and then at age 40 or 45 becomes totally self-centered becomes whatever they do, they don't have to care anyone else. My vacation whenever I want it, my house however big I want it etc.. When you have kids, you've got to make lots of compromises and that's something good. Making compromises forces you to be a social, empathetic and considerate person.

• Yes, I want a son and a daughter. Preferably daughter first.

http://i.imgur.com/OAfGQ6g.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/wSVoOqK.jpg
    @BarbaraP Our unborn children! <3

• Cutiessss. Why do you want a daughter first? :P

• @Phoenix98 The world shall have its share of Fartlings!

Precisely! It's quite common.

• Lol so be it !!.

• No. I have a sister 20 years younger than me who I live with and she really gets on my nerves at times. I don't think I could take care of kids in my future. Along with that I am almost 25 and never kissed or been on a date. Forget about any girl being interested in me.

• Yeah, Always figured I would at some point (hell a 950 year old family line stops with me if I don't) but never saw much rush in it.
    Got really attached to my last GF's kids though and now it's kind of odd not checking in on them, and getting them ready for school.

• Yeessss... perhaps... perhaps but the lady comes first.

• damn I don't know, its still a hit or miss for me.

• I am undecided - Don't know if that ship has sailed at my age

• Yes, I hope for 2! :D

• Yes, one day... not now.

• But unlike my mother, I'll wait until I can actually take care of, afford, and support a family. Then I just do the exact opposite of everything my mother did, and I'll be a good parent.

• yeah actually, i can't wait!
    i am gonna be an awesome dad!

• Very much so.

• Undecided. Though I would consider being with a woman who has a child or adopting before I would consider having a child of my own.

• I wanted children, but that time has passed. Oh well.

• Of course, I love kids so I want to get married and have kids one day. :)

• I'm not very fond of kids

• Not at my age obviously but I do want to have children one day.

• I like kids but I probably won't have them myself.

• some day sure but not for a while yet

• You are talking about babies? and I am undecided about marriage... LOL

• going to adopt.

• I follow my father.

• I hope so.. One day..

• No. I hate children. Children are the worst.

• I don't think I'll ever want kids

• I would like some eventually. I don't like dealing with kids either but I'd like my own kids...

What Girls Said 27

• Yeah I definitely want kids. I don't think it's fair to compare the experience of watching other people's kids to your own future kids. It's entirely different in my opinion as they're your own offspring. I mean other kids annoy the hell out of me too but I know that when I have my own family it will be different.

• DESPERATELY.. We're desperately trying to start a family right now.

• Yes. Yes, I do.

• I have no interest in having kids. I like kids, I'm good with them, I even volunteer at a preschool, but I just honestly, strongly dislike the idea of being a parent. If I did decide to raise a child, I am 100% positive that I would adopt, and preferably I'd adopt a slightly older one, because I know they don't get quite as much attention as the babies.

• Yes, I want to start having kids in my mid-to-late 20s, after I'm done with school and settled down with my boyfriend. It truly seems like a lot of work, but also seems so fulfilling and worth it.

• Yes, absolutely! I'm getting a dog first though 🐕

• Undecided.
    Right now, no. But I'm open to changing that one day if I want to.

• I have a 5 year old will be 6 in October, although it's difficult at times he's my world and I love him with all of my heart,

• Yes... but not a lot. Like two.

• No. I love kids. Just not enough to be around them 24/7. I go mad after a while of my younger cousins being around for too long. "Why is this like that?" "Why? Why?" ughhhhh

• I want to adopt them so I'm not sure if that counts as yes

• I have an annoying little sibling too, but I still want kids someday.

• I really don't know yet. I might want to but I babysit sometimes and its really not going good :/

• Lol, I definitely don't want them.

• I want 4 or 5 of my own and 3 three to adopt. :D

• I DO NOT want kids...

• Yeah, I would like to have kids one day

• Even though I can't generally handle kids but I think my own kids would be different

• One weekend only? Try two months, and if you still think the same, then you really don't want kids.

• I love children, so someday I definitely want some of my own, even if that's through adoption.

• No I like kids in small doses not full time and I'm allergic to pain so no giving birth part

• Yes, want three of them

• I would love to mother as many children as my old ass will let me... I'm basically 30 years old now and will probably have a hard time having children of my own by the time I find a man I want to marry... but if the natural route doesn't work... I am down to adopt like 15 children. <3 <3 There are so may precious souls who get left without mommies in these so called "homes"... I would love to care for them. I will even adopt at least 7 kids even if I don't have problems conceiving on my own.. cause like I said, there are so many children who need a mommy

• No, none for me. Well, then again that might change if I meet "the right guy" some year...

• Don't compromise anything. If he is the right guy, he won't force you to do anything you don't want to do. Just keep that in mind :)

• Thank you, Frost_Byt3. I totally get what you mean. :)

I just meant, I'm single and not in that mind frame at all currently. If years later I find a guy I love, I could potentially change my mind and want a child with him. I still might not... but I will have to see when/if the time comes.

• I think the world is overpopulated as it is and so I won't be contributing to that. Also, children intimidate me so I guess I won't be having any haha

• I pressed no but I wanted to say yes. I love babies and I want a largish family in the future.

• Yes I would but considering Id have to push it out of my vagina, I'm not so sure. That is a huge turn off for me. Maybe the reason that I may never have children. The whole procedure scares the hell out of me. Just thinking about it makes me feel a little off