Do you play an instrument? How skilled are you? Can you post a picture of your instrument (s)?

I play the guitar. Mine is a Cort G254. For less than $300 it packs one hell of a punch! I would consider myself a beginner at it even though I bought the guitar all the way back in 2008-ish.

Do you play an instrument? How skilled are you? Can you post a picture of your instrument(s)?

• Yes, I play an instrument (or multiple ones)
  • No, but I would like to!
  • No and not interested
  • I stopped playing
I also own this device to connect it straight to the PC. Also works great as a headphones amp:

http://i.imgur.com/9vdUTjP.jpg

The software bundled with it has many different sounds, it's quite nice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I followed violin lessons for like 5 years. I was pretty good but I quit and haven't touched one in 3 years so I'm not sure if I'm that good anymore. Nowadays I play piano and acoustic and electric guitar. I taught myself to play them so I'm average I think.

• I like the violin but I've always seen it as a very difficult instrument to learn because it lacks frets. Piano is always great, I would really like an electric one or a keyboard with weighted keys. What kind of music do you play on your electric?

• Yeah I guess that makes sense, because even though my guitar is fretted I don't really have to look at where my fingers are anymore to find the right notes. And woo! Coldplay, I like that band quite a bit. I've tried to play their songs in the past but I'm so far no good with complex chords. I like to sing along with their songs though.

• @exodfn14 Oh I didn't realize you are Dutch too! Slaap lekker ;)

What Girls Said 2

• yeah i play piano and i can't take a pic atm. I'm not like WOW but I'm alright at it.

• I'm not WOW at the guitar either, still learning. ;) What about you?

• I play the trumpet. I'm pretty good :-)

• Cool. I would like to pick up the saxophone but the trumpet is nice too.

• I can play the saxophone too ;-) It's one of the easiest instruments to learn, which is why I started playing trumpet instead. I wanted more of a challenge.

• Easy? Really? Hmm I should really try one out then. But I wonder where...

What Guys Said 7

• I pretend to play the piano.

A friend of mine's mother owns a beautiful Steinway (worth much more than my yearly salary). I love to play that any chance I get.

• I voted B - I would love to be musical but I do not have a note in my head

• I dunno I think is it something people often fool themselves into. You don't have to be a born talent to be musical. Timing is something you can learn. At least that's how it went with me since I considered myself not very musical either. Just pickup that guitar. :p

• This bad boy is mine...affenknecht.com/.../ltd-deluxe-ec-1000.jpg

If I were to rate myself on a 1-10 scale, I'd put myself maybe around a 7. I'm a much stronger rhythm player than I am with lead. I have some lead capabilities, but my solos are more James Hetfield than Kirk Hammett.

• The paint job is awesome, cool! I totally get what you mean. I am mostly a rhythm player too and Metallica has tons of kick-ass riffs. It's the cliche choice, but I'm currently learning Master of Puppets. Can play it error free at about 70% speed now. I think it's important to learn stuff slowly first, with a metronome.

• Master of Puppets was the first legitimate metal song that I learned to play. Up to that point, it had been pop-rock and late-90s/early-2000s rock (Creed, Linkin Park, etc.). I haven't played it in a while, so I'm kind of rusty. In fact, I haven't played much lately because I've been working so much. Pretty depressing, actually.

Yes, they are EMGs. I'd like to try humbuckers, but I don't like the, well, humming in the background. The pinch harmonics with them sound AWESOME. I love doing pinch harmonics, but I just don't like the humming.

• Heh and I would like to try EMG's, badly. Let's switch guitars for a bit. :P Technically speaking your EMG's are humbuckers too, but because they are active and have a rail magnet they sound 'smoother'. I'm not sure about the humming, it definitely happens when I'm not playing but once I hit the strings it seems to go away. Hmmm, you could switch one of the EMG's out for a classic humbucker maybe? Doesn't have to be expensive.

I actually suck at Pinch Harmonics. I know how to do them but either I hit the adjacent string or it just doesn't sound all that hot. On the other hand, by now it's been a few years since I changed the strings because my guitar was gathering dust for a while.

• I played an Alto Saxaphone in 4th and 5th grade I think. I still have it in my closet but I haven't taken it out of its case for like 13 - 14 years. I was never very good and probably wouldn't be able to make a decent sound out of it now.

• Voted C, was supposed to do D (amnit)

• I play drums for 2 years, i have my own kit but it doesn't make any sense. Nor I won't be Mike Portnoy nor i seem like im going to play in a band. Then why do i keep playing? It got boring also. Pointless shit. I'd like to buy a cheap bass.

• my instrument is in my pants

• Does it play a solo when you cum?

• Sometime but I prefer when my instrument turn my partner into a soprano singer to accompany me in my solo

• Hahaha. Good one. ;)