Is it sissy to be scared of snakes?

So my two of my friends know how to handle snakes, and they wanted to let me to touch the snakes or put then on my shoulder. I stepped back a lot, and told them that I am scared of snakes. Then they laughed at me, and said I am sissy.

Is it true that I am sort of sissy?

• Absolutely yes.
  • Maybe yes.
  • Hard to say.
  • Maybe no.
  • Absolutely no.

Most Helpful Girl

• Snakes are horrible little bastards. You never know when they will strike and then they just bite you and their bite may contain poison... and if they are big enough (like a boa constrictor) They may just choke you to death... how fun. I fucking hate snakes. Personally, I feel they all need to be put in concentration camps and gassed to death... just me? but at the same time I feel kinda bad for the baby snakes who are just little and are not trying to hurt people :( I have held a baby boa before and he was just so sweet and didn't try to hurt anything

• Maybe baby snakes are ok?

• Yeah but the baby ones aren't trying to hurt you and they are just so sweet.. they are like little worms they are so cute.

• but the big ones are assholes who deserve death... I'm just saying. I hate them.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think so. I personally love snakes <3 but that doesn't mean that everyone should feel the same way or that it's bad to be scared of them. It's a pretty natural reaction.

• Of course not. Snakes are one of the most deadliest animals. One bite from the right one and you're dead in minutes.

• I like snakes and then I don't. In short domesticated snakes are cool with me but wild ones aren't. I should really learn about the poisonous types.

• SNAKES ARE HORRIFYING!
    Not sissy at all but what the fuck kind of insult is sissy anyway?

• No it's not. Although I really love snakes, I can see why people despise them!

• I don't like them either

• I don't think it's a big deal.

What Guys Said 5

• Snakes are dangerous and scary creatures. I would stay away just to be safe. I don't see how keeping yourself safe from potentially hurtful creatures can be considered as being a sissy. If you are not comfortable around snakes then it's best to keep yourself at a comfortable distance away from them. Ignore what others think. You protect yourself.

• We all have things we are scared off - I am scared of nothing literally nothing - The thought of nothing scares the crap out of me

• I am scared of snakes, arachnids and a few insects. Thus I calmly proceed to murder them on sight.

• Do you know who else is scared of snakes? Indiana jones, and he's a badass. You're fine.

• Masculinity doesn't count on how many snakes you fucked, dude.