When you drive (or walk) past the school building you used to go a decade ago, do you feel nostalgic or disgusted?

Everytime it happens i feel disgusted :|

• nostalgic
  • disgusted

Most Helpful Girl

• Disgusted, with a chuckle, in a small way, @Klaatu51...
    It was a really sunny but terribly windy day and I kept having to hang on to my graduation cap with one hand and even more Uptight, although I tried my best to make it a Kodak moment when the principal gave all of us girls a red rose to hold, that during Picture time for my family, I was trying to hold down my cap in one hand while hoping my rose didn't... Blows. lolxx

• Other than that... Good times but don't see any friends anymore.. everyone has moved on and 5 years ago, caught up some on FB but then, I ended up with just my husband I still have in Egypt on there but that seem many moons ago too... we are no longer on FB together. xx

• np... liked yer story ^_^

• Oh, thank you so much, @Klaatu51.. tis true and never will forget it... Like the winds that day, never really saw anyone much after that.. However, did catch up on some FB a few years ago, which was nice... Oh, yes, and with a class reunion one year as well.:)) xxoo

What Girls Said 12

• so nostalgic. i miss my friends.

• I feel panicked because I've probably been shot walking through that neighborhood again x_x
    Lol nah but for real I feel nostalgic more then anything, some terrible things happened there but ultimately school is what you make of it, even the worst parts help mold us into who we are today.
    I miss old friends and sometimes parts of who I used to be. I won't say I want to relive it, heavens no haha but it was good times. :)

• "Mold us into who we r 2day"<---- hmm i don't think so... i'm a totally different person now, than i was in school u know

• Well obviously, I am too.
      That doesn't mean it didn't effect us in a major way. I would hope everyone does change after high school, otherwise, then you're stuck in the past. There's very much a difference in being stuck there and acknowledging the impact it's had on you.
      I mean everything molds us into our present selves, even if it's our efforts to avoid something. For example, my father liked to drink... A lot. That molded me into someone who refuses to drink. He molded me, even if it was a result of me trying to get him not to mold me.

• Definitely disgusted!!! Ewwww

• Both. My mom happens to work at my old elementary school and my middle school is right behind it, so I see them both on a regular basis. Both schools hold awful memories, especially the middle schools. I only feel nostalgic when I see the murals that I helped paint when I was a student there. Other than that, just bad memories.

• I was completely and utterly miserable in high school but I don't hate high school. I remember it with fond memories because it helped make me the person I am today.

• I pass by my old school every single day.. I can get so sad and nostalgic just thinking about the very happy times I had there.. And of course the realisation that I am getting old.

• Not a decade ago but school finished 3 months ago and well there are some people I miss, some friends and some teachers..
    But I feel indifferent.. some of us still have 'get togethers' so we see each other at least once a month... But my bff.. I miss her so much and she's not here.
    I miss her like hell!!! -I wanna cry-

• I voted B but I honestly have no feelings for my high school anymore. Like, bleh.

• More of a happy "Ha, I'm officially done with you" feeling? But my memories are good and bad, if I had to choose one probably more nostalgic.

• Nostalgic.
    I used to love going to school.
    Only had good times.

• That'd be my primary school and I feel so nostalgic each time I drive passed it.

• i would say both because there were good times and bad times

What Guys Said 13

• I just had this experience. The school I attended is 1100 miles away but I visited the old neighborhood. The feeling was disgust. The feeling was that I'd been systematically lied to. The feeling was that I had been sold a bill of goods. Had I only known then what I know now. . . . . . .

• Disgusted, I never liked school :P

• A bit nostalgic I live beside my old primary school and my local pub is beside my old secondary school so I see them all the time

• Definitely nostalgic!

It is rather ironic that I will be substitute teaching this upcoming school year, at the high school that I graduated from! :-P

• Nostalgic.

• Disgusted - they are just fields of grass now. Both my primary school and my high school were destroyed.

• I feel nostalgic I see it a lot though because I live very close by the school

• I went back home this past weekend and when I saw my old high school I felt relieved. I hated high school and pretty much used my time there as nap time. How I never failed still makes me wonder.

• A bit of both.

• Yeah somewhat dude

• Little bit of both.

• Disgusted when I drive by my high school, nostalgic when I drive by my middle and elementary school.

• i think both