What do you do when you miss someone so much it hurts?

Because I certainly don't know what to do anymore.
I don't love the guy or anything, I just miss the way he made me feel.
I feel stupid for this, but it's something I can't really control anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• They say time is a great healer - Try and find ways to take your mind off him and hopefully it will hurt less and less

What Guys Said 14

• Never had that happen.

• try 2 forget her then... it's pointless 2 think bout her i believe... and if it hurts me, then it'd b another reason more,2 forget her... :)

• Control your emotions. There is really no other advice to offer. Either you can call him and tell him that you miss him...

How do you control them? It's hard. The best advice I can offer you is that you should meditate in a quiet place and do some breathing exercises. Try your best to think about how these emotions are of little consequence... happiness and sadness come and go like summer and winter... You must try and resist both of them if you want to attain mental peace.

Though it is said that women have a harder time controlling their emotions, you CAN achieve it with practice.

• I sing our song knowing that I'll see her again.

• I repeat the advice, below, that time is a great healer. If you can accelerate time you will heal all the faster. The way to do that is to do things. Pack your life with activity, preferably enjoyable. A busy period is likely to help you more than a longer period of just moping around being inactive, hopeless and helpless.

• Try and find something to occupy your mind, Grace c:

• Get your mind off him, I miss a girl so much and it aches me to see that she moved on. The only relief is getting my mind off her by hanging out with friends / family. But the thought will come back, only time will heal it.

• Just try to look forward

• I try to engage myself with work and other stuff for awhile. Great thing if you want to forget someone.

• Find stuff that will keep you busy and learn from the void :/

• It hurts when I miss someone, but what we can do?

• if u dont love him why do u miss him.. is it more of a friend kind of missing?

• You keep yourself busy. We like the girls that are unavailable to us

• Too bad I like guys that are unavailable too.

• I hope you mean likeeee, busy, and not attached to someone else, please for the love of god, don't be a home wrecker

• cry and crap and pee your pants

What Girls Said 8

• Try distracting yourself. Like take a walk outside or run, listen to your favorite music, watch movies (not romantic ones). Do things that make you happy and try not to let him get on your mind. Hope you feel better soon :( <3

• Well, I think knowing that someone cared about you should bring you happiness, not pain. You'll find love everywhere you go, and its great to cherish it while it lasts. You'll be able to move on at some point if it really bothers you--but be happy you had someone who made to feel amazing about yourself. You, too, are capable of this. It doesn't take another person to make you feel great, those feelings ultimately come from yourself.

• I focus on my hobbies. Distract yourself with positive things that both make you happy and contribute to your life. It takes time to fully enjoy them and appreciate thing. I start things and I don't always finish them but thy help me move on. Mostly effort in new things for me personally

• Yeah, I usually don't finish things that I start like hobbies or stuff like that but they do help, thank you (:

• It'll get better with every passing day. It probably feels as though you can't breathe but honestly time heals all wounds. When I broke up with my last boyfriend, I cried in bed for I don't even know how long but slowly and slowly I started to get over him and I felt like I could breathe again. Just take it each day at a time and i promise it will get better.

• I make myself too busy to distract myself from thinking of him and also, to not allow my mind wander too much. I use studies, hobbies, sports to get me distracted.

• Distract yourself in every way you can. Try not to let your mind wander.

• Same with me. I dont love the guy but i miss him

• story of my life... if you figure it out tell me