Do you think we are the only living species in the universe?

Knowing that we are part of the interstellar neighborhood.
do you think there are others?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no clue to say with absolute certainty that there is or isn't sentient life somewhere else in the galaxy I would say is a bit ignorant because to be honest we have clue, there are limitless galaxies and universes out there, some of which we can never hope to explore or even visit. So who knows what's out there there could be life, they could be nothing, we'll find out for sure one day.

• Who knows, but that's the beauty of the unknown it could be anything, and we can be neither right nor wrong lol.

What Guys Said 18

• Clearly we aren't the only living species in the universe. Have you ever seen a squirrel? A cat? Dog? Watched the nature channel, perhaps? Ever step outside before?

• Definitely not - There are trillions of planets out there , must be life on some of them

• I doubt it. This universe thing is so indescribably big, there must be something out there somewhere. Whether we'll find it in our lifetime? Probably not :D

• So many galaxies! Yet, some are beyond our reach. So disappointing.😓

• nope, personally i believe aliens x-isted be4 us :)

• the human species are not late comers to the solar system. We may be among the early planets of our solar system.
      That may explain why we see no evidence of "life".

• i'd say "yeah" then :D

• Then , you are correct.😊

• Somewhere out there is probably a planet like ours with the suitable conditions for life. Scientists have actually found a few potential candidates.

• Like Mars?
      The only problem with Mars is that it doesn't contain oxygen. But it did contain water before we could even notice it. That is why some scientist believe that we can use greenhouse gasses to create oxygen and warm the planet up and realease water that once flowed In Mars.

• No, there are planets in other galaxies that have a similar atmospheric thickness and overall appearance to earth that could contain life.

• I know there are other planets that are similar to our planet. Mars was just a suggestion to your comment.

• No, but it's interesting how the pendulum has swung back as a result of SETI's drawing a blank and the stuff they've done on the large moon preventing climate chaos.

I have just finished ready some twenty year old fiction which portrayed a galaxy teeming with life. It now seems somewhat dated.

• I don't think it's likely

• Your question is flawed terribly. We are not the only species in the universe. There hundreds upon hundreds of them on our planet, in the universe.

• My dog is pretty alive right now, so I'm going to say no.

• Nope, we're definitely not alone. :D

• It is statistically impossible for us to be the only human species.

• I have the same feeling as you do.
      Why are there billions and billions of galaxies if no life is upon it?

• Many you're welcomes towards you too.

• odds suggest otherwise so no

• The universe is in a state of infinite expansion, somewhere in the infinity that is the universe there has to be at least some form of bacteria, if not evolved intelligent life (although this is unlikely to look like humanity as each species evolves dependent upon its surroundings [this includes astronomical surroundings])

• Indeed.
      Beyond our planet, there is many many species out there. We just have to discover them.

• I think that the universe is too large, to not think there isn't something else out there

• I think aliens exist.

• So do I.
      With billions of galaxies. I believe, we are aliens to them.

• No... there are frogs and dogs and stuff here too

• No, we are not the only living species in the universe. There are frogs, dogs, chickens, sharks, dolphins, and possibly most likely aliens too

• Are you using your humor?

By the comments that are posted on here. I believe, they are talking about other species that contain the same planet as we do ( oxygen , planet life , etc) to support life.

• no im being serious. there are probably other life forms out there. the universe is enormous and we've already found planets with water and in the sweet spot in relation to their sun

• I have the same thinking as you do.
      I guess what triggered me to say such words. Is when you said there are frogs, dogs, and chickens.
      😐

• 0|0
    • I believe there is another life form out there. They are just waiting to be discoverd. But, probably not.😂

What Girls Said 3

• definitely not

• No we're not.

• Nope. And whoever thinks otherwise is close minded, unintelligent and really stupid.

• 😂
      Some think otherwise of what we believe ("other species") but I believe that there is a planet that contains life.