If you worked out a way to create energy 24/7 that would run for years what would you do?

I am well versed in thermodynamics and have been researching perpetual motion and overunity for about 10 years I believe I found a way to harness (not create energy) that would cost nothing but the initial build cost which would be low. What would you do? The parts I need to test do cost quite a lot round about £500. I can't really justify spending that much on a hobby for something with such a high chance of failure when I could put it to good use and buy the kids something or vacation.

Most Helpful Girl

• if the start up costs are that low I say just save up and build the thing. If you're absolutely sure that it will work, the spending is justified and it's an excellent investment for the future, because you can sell this idea. Make sure you register your idea in your country, so nobody can steal it or copy it and hire a good lawyer once you've built and tested it. Make sure you protect this thing if it really does work because everyone will want a piece of it.

But if you're not sure and just want to do tests, then maybe you can pair up with some likeminded people. Maybe find university professors who teach in the field and drop them an email? I'm sure they'll be glad to help you out if what you're talking about really is achievable.

• you should also do your research, perhaps people have already tried to do what you want to do and it didn't work. or maybe they made mistakes in the process and you can learn from them.

• there's nothing I can tell you that you don't already know then! it just all comes down to how much you believe in your own idea. Be persistent, keep at it. Most inventors and people who did anything worthwhile in history didn't have it easy and had financial obstacles at first. If this thing can potentially revolutionise energy consumption it's definitely worth pouring all your resources into it. email some more people. just make an action plan and just ask these people for advice instead of help. Make your points really clear and ask them for their opinion. What you need to figure out is if this idea of yours is realistic and doable. There's 2 answers to that yes or no. You don't seem too confident at the moment, so it would be best to just collect information and do lots of research on the subject for now.

• Also, I'm not very well-versed in science, but there must be some cheap experiments you can do to determine how successful your invention would be? Another idea: find a smart student who studies physics at a reputable university with good equipment and pair up with them! they'd have access to some of the equipment you need and the necessary motivation to help you achieve what you want. Young people/students are really open minded and fearless in terms of what they spend their free time and mental energy on.

What Girls Said 2

• Free electricity? Kids dont need that. They would treasure you more for being there about them then buying more materialistic stuff. Vacation? You can go camping. You dont need to splurge for a vacation.

• NURRRDDD Just kidding. I'm a nerd too.

What Guys Said 8

• Why would you not throw a mere 1000 (U. S.) dollars in to something that could burn your name into the annals of history?

• The fossil energy companies would like that - Watch your back on dark nights

• didn't get it bro... u wanna produce enrgy yerself?

• I think I found a way to generate electricity without pollution thatvdoesnt require wind or Sun or water. It would run 24/7

• this will make u reach then if u make this idea true

• I would open source it and make the global banking elite lose control over humanity. I would create a moneyless world. Unfortunately, every person that tried to open source their free energy technology ended up getting bought out by the global banking elite to keep quiet or they got their technology confiscated. The global banking elite also set out a disinformation campaign for any free energy technology.

• What are the limitations of your method, and how else can you prove that your ideas are valid before building the prototype?

• No limits to it, build bigger generate more.
      it would mean a cleaner better world and if it really did work isn't that better for my kids in the long run?

• Two things.

If you can prove on paper that it'd work, then you can find investors, and wouldn't need to spend your own money.

Also, it'll be better for your kids to have access to lots and lots of cash in the long run.

• Yeah proving on paper isn't an option if I tried the peoplebi went to for investment cash would patent the idea and I'd be left out in the cold. Probably not able To use something I designed without express written permission.

• Can you explain your idea more

• Yeah probably dude

• One word: crowdfunding.