What's up with all the anti-female and anti-male sentiments here on GAG?

As a guy who grew up with a lot of lovely female family members with a heart of gold, it saddens me to see a lot of women-hating and man-hating here on this site. What's up with that?

Could it be just mainly the misosgynist and misandrist trolls who would only say these hostile remarks behind computers and never out in real life?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's getting very, very old. The only explanation I can think of is they haven't had very good experiences with woman, most of which is probably their own fault in the first place.

It's exhausting to constantly feel the need to remind both men and women that everyone person is different and if they haven't opened their mind to that yet, it most likely won't ever happen.

I just can't wrap my head around men bashing women constantly or bashing feminism constantly if they've ever had a woman they love in their life who deserves respect, like a girlfriend, sister, mom etc. You would think they would be empathetic towards women and want better things for them instead of bashing them. Because the men I have in my life, I love and I want nothing but good things for as well.

• It's not only the guys who are bashing women here. There are also women who ask anti-male questions but are much less direct and more subtle about their anti-male hostility than the misogynistic male GAG users are.

• Yeah and it's understandable. Same thing with whites and people of color holding racist views towards each other. They tend to only look at their own sides as well.

• Yup, I agree.

What Girls Said 3

• People are a lot braver behind the computer where they don't think anyone can 'get them' for their sexist views.

• It short words, keyboard warriors. The vast majority of men and women on GAG with these hostile sentiments would never dare say it out loud in real life anyway so I guess it doesn't surprise me.

• With anonymity comes the ability to be a horrific asshole with little to no consequences.

• GAG attracts a lot of bitter, delusional individuals.

What Guys Said 5

• Friend appreciate what is good on the site and ignore the hate.
    i2.kym-cdn.com/.../1149.jpg

• seriously i completely agree with you bro
    We should be trying to help each other out not put each other down!!

Men and women need to stop being resentful and just make love

• Have you not realized a big majority of the user base?

• There are some bitter people who come from bad relationships. This is one of there places to vent.

• their just angry and bitter that their lives suck.