Suicidal friend? Help quick?

I have a friend who just got dumped. He loved his girlfriend very much and now he's depressed and extremely suicidal. I've said everything I could possibly think of to try and help him but it's not working. I don't know what else to do please help!

Ok. I have his address but I'm really scared should I tell my parents?
He just told me he wasn't gonna do it anymore but I don't know if I should believe him or not. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Call your nearest suicide hot line or the police!!!

• There's a suicidal hotline?

• I don't know his address or home phone so it wouldn't help! And he wouldn't give it to me

What Guys Said 2

• Tell your parents or his parents

• *Yawn*

wake me up when it's all over

What Girls Said 2

• you tell yours and his parents immediately and you go be with him right now.
    If he really is about to crack then having someone beside him will help, and you can stop anything weird that he is doing.

• Has he said that he wants to end his life? If he has, and you think he is serious, call 911 or the Suicide Hotline at 1-800- 273-8255... if you are in the United States. It's a very serious matter if he is as distraught as you think he is.

• But what do i tell the hotline

• Do you have his cell phone number? Or is he responding to messages on social media?

• He doesn't have his phone. Only through social media but he stopped responding cuz he said he was going to bed but he might be lying