How do I learn to not want love? (to feel fulfilled)?

i want to be independent and not constantly think/want to be in a relationship or to be in love. I want to learn to be happy alone and to feel fulfilled within myself... how do i do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you want to do that?

• because i literally spend most of my day daydreaming about it, and i inflate my relationships due to tho obsession, I'm currently not in a place where i want to date, so i want to learn to feel fine by myself

• It's a really great thing when people are secure in their sexuality and can speak freely without fear of being judged or ridiculed, most men are very insecure and do all things to avoid being seen one way or another. Anyway, thank you so much for all the advice and for being genuine and trying to help and for always coming back to aid in my many questions. I hope I figure all this out and learn to mend and fix my issues but I think I'm going in the right direction now. I'll be sure to contact you if I need advice, though I'll try not to be a burden.

• I'm glad I could help, and you can thank me by fixing one of your problems, asking for help does not make you a burden, it makes you a person so try not to think in those terms, other then that as long as you keep your situation in mind I think you'll be fine. So good luck and my figurative door is always open.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think you can really do that. That's like denying your human instinct to seek out a perfect mate and reproduce. If you could turn that off people would have died out a long time ago.

You can be happy in yourself while still wanting a relationship. Just work on your confidence and your insecurities. Try to get a high self-esteem. Eat healthy, exercise. You'll find that being physically healthy really boosts your mental health. And if you do something good, help those in need and set goals and accomplish them you'll become happy within yourself. :)

• i don't have a self esteem issue though. i already eat healthy and i'm really fit (workout 6 times a week). I have most of my life and my mentality in order but i can't shake this need/obsession with love and it's becoming a problem.

• It's a different degrees for everyone but I don't think you can shake it.

• I honestly don't think it can be done unless you get a religious vocation or something.

• Just learn to become satisfied with your own company and get a hobby or something. That way you won't need a guy around to spoil the peace.

• Focus on your career

• i'd love to but my career goals are pretty much all planned out, i need money to progress any further

What Girls Said 3

• Do something to help others and that will fill the void in your life so you become less interested in men and dating.

• Make a list of goals, write down the actions and start working to achieve them.
    You will feel accomplished when you reach them, and independent as well.

Goals could be about healthy life style too.

• I don't think it's possible to not love anyone, but you can learn to love yourself and be independent while you love someone else too

• i do love people i'm just not IN LOVE with any one, and I want to be completely okay with that, and with the idea of being alone