Ever been "searched" at a place like an airport?

I've never been "checked" before. When being searched for drugs and things like that, how much of you is checked? What if you put something in your underwear? They're not aloud to search there, are they?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I have never been searched before.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, they are allowed to search everywhere if they have sufficient reason to believe there could be something (they're not allowed to just randomly pick you out and tell you to take off your underwear but if, say, one of those police dogs starts barking when he sniffs you, they can do that. Some people who smuggle drugs hide them in their anus, so the police officers make you squat, so they can see if something comes out of your butt. But they are only allowed to do it with the same sex, so men search men and women search women. If ever a woman tries to search you, you can actually tell her that you don't allow it and that she has to get a male officer.)
    Personally, I have been searched a few times at the airport but not strip searched. Like, for example one time the metal detector made this beeping sound. The police officers were all in a super grumpy mood for some unknown reason. I immediately realized that i forgot to take my bicycle key out of my pocket and told them "oh, it's just the key!" But they were in this very bad mood and one of them just said "I don't fucking care. I can lie to myself, don't need anyone to do that to me. Come with me boy". I was especially annoyed about the "come with me boy" part because I was already an adult and felt treated in a very condescending way. I had to go to a separate room with the officer and he searched me very thoroughly and touched me everywhere. In the end he had to admit with a bitter expression on his face that I really didn't carry any knives or guns or things like that. So I just said to him "well, happy now?" I was rather pissed back then, but looking back it's actually quite a funny experience :-).

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I never had a full search - Had a couple of thorough bag searches in my time.

• Fortunately I haven't been