Once you get a bit of baby fever, it stays there or it goes away?

It's has been showing up in very small amounts but not often. Just once in a while when a baby is all quiet, happy or sleeping.

I hope this sudden feeling doesn't increase. Will it go away or I'm I going to end up craving more? I do then think about the reality of it being such a hard work, the crying, diapers, etc. but even that doesn't erase all the initial positive feeling, even if it's just in the smallest amount.

Plus, I've been lately a bit moody about being single for the longest. Until late last year my initial feeling was indifference, it was non-existent (but I was 27 then).

Most Helpful Girl

• I just remember the time I was innocently walking along and a baby turned around and growled at me. Or the time I was babysitting my niece and she had the worst diaper incident ever. I won't haunt you with the details. That all puts me of rather quickly.

Are there any terrible baby experiences that can help you?

What Guys Said 3

• It is a passing phase thing it will come and go - Maybe your age will lead to an increase in its frequency

• Why do you want it to go away?

• Because I already told myself for the longest that it's not for me. There are cons such as being awaken hours due to the baby crying, lots of money spend, no freedom and most important the very fear/panic of the whole pregnancy and childbirth (very painful and all that bloody mess).

• Perhaps if I found the right guy, finish my major (only got this year left to be done) and was for sure it was the right moment, I might probably think about it.

Needless to say, still don't get how all the mothers underwent the whole childbirth process. I mean what if I panic or can't push right (if losing my virginity long ago was very painful for me and had to even drink water, I can't imagine giving birth)? I'm being honest, that's really scary. I would be also concerned that I won't look the same. If there was a way to magically get rid of this fear which is after all a risk, I guess the positive feeling might be able to override it.

• So look it up. I don't know for certain but most women seem to look just fine after a month or so after child birth that I have seen. Also since I come from a family of 6 boys, obviously couldn't have been that terrible because apparently they kept having babies, plus you know the whole survival of the species rests on having babies and it seems to have worked pretty well all things considered. Honestly the real question is why are you afraid? What has convinced you that it was terrifing and something to be avoided? The being with the right guy and finishing your major are things that I do understand.

• It goes away

• yeah... I can't wait till once again become indifferent. I already told myself it wasn't for me.

What Girls Said 4

• It comes and goes. Trust me though, when you live with children (my sister and her kids live in the same house as me) you don't really get baby fever as much because you get too much of it all ready.

• i sometimes have it too but it goes away when you try to think about something else

• cool... will start doing that and hopefully I become unfeeling and indifferent again

• It goes away. I had baby fever a couple months ago and now I'm back to distrusting children.

• cool... I can't to once again be indifferent

• For me, it comes and goes. Sometimes it is strong, and then I get over it, usually by reminding myself of how much work babies are. Plus the whole being single thing hahaha.