Is something wrong with my bf?

ok so i have been dating my boyfriend for about a month and he is always talking about how fat and ugly he is and how he doesn't deserve me and im to good for him. i obviously don't think any of that is true, and i keep telling him that but i dont think he believes me. but he has told me he used to be depressed and self harmed and even had suicidal thoughts... i hope he's not depressed again. but he's always happy when he's with me, not so much with other people tho. what do u think is going on?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's very very Difficult to be in a Real Relationship with someone who has mental issues... This one is Still traveling down a rough road with his own Not 'Used to be' But Is Still...
    I see the sure signs of someone who needs professional help here, dear. Now that he has found someone who cares about him unconditionally, his mental issues are not allowing him to accept Anything what you are saying and it's triggering off Everything else. Bottom line is, It's going to Lead down a beaten path and end up a War of the Roses.
    You could stick around and try to be his shoulder to lean on but without guidance, medication, it will keep going down a wrong direction. And even then, it's a long Stretch... Ask yourself just how long are you in this for, short or long haul?
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• Self potty he needs to accept u love him for who he is and be more positive about himself. Saying he is fat and ugly won't help him he needs to do something about it if he feels like that. Talk to him tell him he will lose u if he doesn't get help or trust that u love him.

• If he is happy with you, enjoy your time together and hopefully that comfort will spread to other parts of his life

• Like you said depression and maybe stress; just be there for him

What Girls Said 2

• He hates his body. I wonder why he still gets down when he got a girl like u? He's falling into self pity and being very ungrateful.

• Let him know what you think and that you're there for him if he's feeling down.
    Let him know its important to seek professional help if he's thinking of hurting himself again.