A sadistic person can be nice, true or false?

A sadistic person can be nice, true or false? Please explain.

• True, explain
  • False, explain

Most Helpful Girl

• False. They can be nice but not for the reasons you're thinking.
    Nice so they could hurt you later - not nice in general and certainly not nice just for the sake of being a good person.

• But I'm nice! But then I'm sadistic... Aww I don't get it anymore!!! DX

• But, to be honest, you just sound like a troll... =)
      Little guy...

• I don't think I'll be finding any of those anytime soon.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think so. Maybe it depends on the extent of their sadism. Like, a sexual sadist would be able to be perfectly pleasant outside of the bedroom, and the sadism inside it could be consensual. But a sadistic person generally enjoys other people's pain and, if that's generalised to everything such as other people's emotions and they make people unhappy on purpose, no I don't think they can be nice.

• Then... Does that mean I'm not really nice? :'(

• Possibly. If you enjoy upsetting other people or seeing other people upset, then no, you might not be nice.

• I think so, it's just a fetish isn't it? Do you only like seeing people in pain, all of the time or do you enjoy being nice and seeing them happy sometimes as well?

• Both. I like it when I see a person I find attractive suffering. And I like it when I make someone really happy. :-/

• I guess so then. I don't think it's fair to label people from the outside you know yourself better then we know you. If you're nice sometimes then you're nice sometimes lol. I don't agree with the whole concept of people telling other people how they feel or why they feel that way.

• good manipulators are nice but have that dark side

• my boss and his assistant got their joy in seeing me sad and still managed to smile and pretend to be nice to my face.

What Guys Said 8

• I voted A because a person can make mistakes and do things they end up regretting as a result of issues or problems in their life but deep down be a good person.

• They can appear nice if thats what you are asking
    but you must be aware that they might have motives or intentions behind that smile

• I would have my doubts

• They might seem nice, but in reality they are terrible unempathetical people.

• my ex would attest

• Sure xD a nice person can be sarditstic too.

• Sadism is a general overview for behavior not a distinct set or practiced devotion to a behavior.

• Yes, if you mean a person who has a 'thing' for sadism with consent. No if the person's personality is to always be a sadist.