Do you attribute video games to violence?

Well this has been debatable for awhile now and I wanna know how you see that situation. I myself play video games, have been since the Sega master system and yes I love mortal kombat. I think it is a great way to relieve stress and anger without really becoming violent in a physical way. I think if you have a healthy frame of mind and mentality that a video game will not turn someone into a monster, now if a person playing a game has a hard time distinguishing fantasy from reality that could be a problem.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a load of shit, honestly. I've been playing violent games since I had an N64... I was 3 years old. I played GoldenEye all of the time, shooting people and stuff. I didn't become a murderer (nor an international super spy, sadly). I played Cruzin' USA also, but I'm not a street racer either.
    Over the years after that, I've owned many platforms from the NES to the 360 and PC. I've played an insane amount of games through different genres and I have not once harmed someone or done the wrong thing because a video game "made me".

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah and if you have a healthy frame of mind a gun shouldn't make you shoot someone

It has contributed to some people, who have issues and that fuels them even further.

Tv and movies too. But its not their responsibility and its up to the individual and those around them to keep who ever the psycho is in check

• True... i think young kids have no place playing violent video games and ultimately it's the parents responsibility to monitor their activities... it's part of parenting.

• Well the E, T and M ratings... but they come with age indications too...
      E- Everyone
      T- 13+
      M-17+
      A- Adults only

• Ohh okay :/

• I feel the same way as you.

What Guys Said 5

• Well my parents didn't pay much attention to ratings, so I played GTA as a 10 y/o and never got violent from it. It really depends on the person. I think people with serious mental problems shouldn't, as it can fuel their aggression, but most people are fine.

I do remember going into the EST-2000 after losing my temper on GTA (an idiot player kept fucking us over during a heist) and went nuts in there. Then I started relieving a shit ton of stress through it that had nothing to do with GTA lol.

• No, I think that is a stretch

• "I think it is a great way to relieve stress and anger without really becoming violent in a physical way."

Ironically this is an unhealthy frame of mind. MK should not be an outlet for pent up anger or frustration; it's just a game.

• Well to each their own... everyone is different and I'm not the kinda guy to sit an meditate or drink herbal tea to lcalm myself.

• Well thanks for your opinion.

• No, thank you for telling me you're higher up on the psychotic spectrum than I'd want to believe. :D

• The way you described it pretty much is my view as well.

• Since I'm a gamer... I think no. I play violent games and I'm not exactly the "violent" type.