Boys have it harder. Do you agree?

Boys have it harder. Do you agree?

• Yes - I agree! (relating to the pic)
  • No - I dont agree (relating to the pic)
I know guys use make up but its just foundation and lip balm right? Sometimes eyeliner too but unlike girls who can put false eye lashes, lipstick, eye shadow and everything.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well in many ways guys carry a lot of burden and have it harder that way, but they don't have it harder for the reasons mentioned there. A guy can get lots of money and get a girlfriend that way.

Guys have it harder because so many girls they are interested in need their hands held for everything. Guys are told they have to approach while women "wait for the right one." So the guys need to face all sorts of rejections, setup dates, be told their "cheap" if they don't pay for said dates, and so on. Women are told to just "wait." There's nothing challenging about waiting. It basically means it's all done for them. The burden is on the guy. The girl just sits there and "evaluates" the guy and decides whether or not she likes him.

After a while a guy will be pretty numb to the rejections so if you watch a guy get rejected nowadays he'll typically brush it off. Watch a girl get rejected and you will see some crazy stuff. It'll eat them up inside even if the girl wasn't initially interested in the guy. The reaction says a lot.

• I definitely agree with you sir. I just dont get girls who doesn't want to acknowledge the fact that its ok to approach guys.

• Yes I have been approached by girls and while they didn't work out, I was always appreciative of the fact that they were actually going against the norm. I've been asked simple things like wanting to meet somewhere and such and outside of a few outright crazy girls which I consider an exception, I've always been welcoming of interest. Never know without trying.

Ironically there are also girls who tell me really weird things like you apparently can't text a guy unless you wait three days because "it's a rule" and when I say "what rule" they get frustrated.

What Guys Said 17

• gags.lk/.../...262293954_7323745481422860625_n.jpg

Sadly, If a guy is a shitty little Toyota, He will never be a Lamborghini :(.

• Boys have a much harder time dating, and not just because they can't apply make-up. In general, guys are expected to make the first move, so most of the time, girls can literally just sit back and wait for guys to come to them. They don't need to take the initiative or take any risks at all.

• No, you're not fucked actually.

• I don't know - i think girls are judged more closely on their looks and if gyuys started using make up the harsh lights might glare on us a bit more.

• Stop giving guys things to complain about. I am saddened by how 'weak'/not emotionally healthy/sensitive men in society have become. Sure guys can't wear makeup but they do not have the same type of scrutiny that woman have to go through with their physical appearance with their bodies.

• Can we stop making it about the "us vs them" scenario. It isn't a gender issue it's an individual issue. Some men and women have it extraordinarily easy in life in almost every aspect while others are constantly getting punched in the face by life from the moment they are born to the moment they die. I have it hard sometimes and sometimes I don't and I like to use that time to help others that are having a hard time because that's what we should do.

• Well both have their advantages and disadvantages. If guys are ugly to average looking they're still not fucked (metaphorically) but can still get fucked (literally) :D (see what I did here). I mean a ugly guy can work on his personality and can get women. On the other hand ugly to average looking women don't get approached romantically that much, so they're at a disadvantage.
    On the other hand hot guys with weak personality or zero game (controversial term I know) have no chances with women. While attractive hot women will get approached almost everyday which will make dating much easier for them as they'll have a lot of options.
    So, guys (irrespective of their looks) with a charming strong personality & game and most attractive hot women will succeed in dating.

• Dont forget that guys are logical thinkers. in my opinion, they survive rejections/break ups better because they dont let their emotions screw them. Girls can keep up with an asshole as long as she loves him. Girls are naive.

• Well can't completely agree with that I've seen quite a few guys crying a river over their break up while I've also seen women being totally unperturbed by their break up.

• Yes. Thats the thing, most of the time a guy will only show his weakness to another guy (his friend/s) Girls won't have a clue at all that the guy is grieving. Actions speak louder than words.

• Fuck that bro, we can all work out and get aesthetic as fuck!!!

i.ytimg.com/vi/j3PkVBmSg8Y/maxresdefault.jpg

• But guys do you use makeup... In S. Korea.

• Hahahha that's a funny statement
    well I don't know... but I've seen the wonders of make up so I guess it might be right

• If you are actually gonna think of it, it makes sense right?

• Some men use make up so I have to disagree

• Maybe it'll become some sort of a trend; you'll never know

• Well.. sooner or later i'll see the girl without makeup.
    by the way guys can use make up too, if you didn't know, it's weird, but still.
    So i would say it's kind of even.

• We have it hard but I don't think we have it harder

• Is it really just about looks? Or don't you want to be seen with an intelligent, interesting "ugly" man?

• In this generation, looks play a major role in relationship. Well of course it won't be for all but for majority. There are a lot of questions I see here about how no girls want them because of their looks.

• Overall no but when just talking about what the picture says absolutely. Like the picture says if you're ugly you're fucked, a girl can toss on some makeup and be presentable for a guy you're just donzo.

• look im not saying you have too be the hottest guy or girl in the world
    but looks make a persons life easier the better you look the easier everything is

What Girls Said 11

• Suuure... and if girls don't wear makeup, guys think we look sick. Or tired. That's always what I get to hear when I don't wear makeup to school. People commenting left and right that I should get more sleep, or asking me if I'm feeling ok. Like there's something wrong with me for not looking perfectly airbrushed. And girls are constantly shamed for wearing "too much makeup" too, since it's considered to be deceitful and wrong. We also get criticized if we wear it the "wrong" way. Like if our eyebrows are too sharp looking, if we wear too much mascara so that it's a little lumpy, if our foundation/powder/concealer doesn't perfectly match our skin tone etc. Just today I saw a facebook post criticizing lumpy mascara, and on it I saw loads of comments from guys being all like "I HATE THAT!!!"

So it's really NOT as if you don't get shit for wearing makeup. Unless you're some makeup guru with like a million years of experience, most people will judge you at some point for your makeup (or lack thereof).

• Also most girls don't wear makeup 24/7, it's coming off at some point. Usually guys always joke around about how horrible it is to date a pretty girl during the day, but at night when the makeup comes off, she's a monster. It's not really an advantage in the long run. If she really looks like a monster without makeup, I'm pretty sure she'd be on the same level as guys. No matter how pretty she is with makeup on. It's only an advantage until it comes off, and like I said, it has to come off at some point.

• They got used to you wearing make up so if they see you without makeup, of course it makes you look sick. I have colleagues like that. I never saw them without make up then one day, this one colleague came without make up and she looks so sleepy or sick. Even I, asked her if she's okay hahah

• Exactly, that's what I'm trying to say. Wearing makeup has its downsides too. So it's not at all about who has it harder, because at the end of the day when the makeup comes off, we're on equal playing fields.

• I think the whole business of being a human and relating to other humans is equally difficult for everyone. We all have struggles and problems and many people are not understanding of them.

• Yes that is true but if a guy dressed good and has a decent amount of money they will have no trouble finding a partner. Just look at all the ugly rappers. Rick Ross is ugly but he has girls kanye west Birdman DJ Khaled etc . If you dress nice that can compensate for your face. I still don't see how Jay Z got Beyonce. And how Bruce/Caitylin got Kris Jenner.

• Well they can still be charming/funny

• i dont agree with this..

• Definitely disagree... but that's my opinion.

• For some reason I agree with this..

• God, no!!!

• Most of the celebrity guys that girls swoon over wear makeup.

• I'd say it's about the same for both genders. They have their ups and downs.

• No, guys have it easier then women... in general

• She's not talking in general, read the question again

• i know she isn't.. i just wanted to mentione it.. you know.. since its true