What do you think about 700 people dying of heatstroke in Pakistan?

http://www.BBC.com/news/world-asia-33236067

And some were fasting... Everyone knows you don't fast when it has health risks. It's a rule. For your own well being.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, I'm a Pakistani. I should answer :P
    I fasted 2 days ago but got kinda ill (had to go outside for a while and the sun was soo hot)
    Today, I didn't fast, I'm kinda ashamed but don't blame me, please!
    Anyways, these people who died from the heatstroke died 'cause of the Ignorance of the government leaders.
    And cause there is a lot of load shedding in poor areas (like no electricity for 2-4 days)
    Luckily, I live in a better area do it's 4 hours at max ( and we have generators so not really a big deal)
    And you know the saddest thing is there isn't enough place in hospitals for patients!!
    Fortunately, the military and the rangers have stepped forward to help people.
    Oh and did I mention that the prices of graves have greatly increased too.. :(
    It's sad really..
    But the weather guy said the weather won't go higher than 41 C today..

• Oh and the no of people who died is now more than 12 hundred :(

• -because of letting a stranger man (doctor) see her vagina and wanting to get it fixed.

• Oh lord that's horrific!!!

What Guys Said 7

• That happens a lot now you mention it - I think people die every year

• One of the muslims here said something about not being allowed to drink during daylight ( could be wrong though )

• Yeah that's true. We can't eat/drink during daylight.

• Indeed, not being allowed to drink during daylight and not being allowed to smoke during daylight are considered the hardest.
      When backpacking alone in Tunisia during Ramadan I would at least do as if I abstained too. Not drinking was indeed the hardest. (I cheated, of course, just like many of them cheated)

• It's only in the US that the majority of people can afford air contioning.

• Yeah right! They have cell phones internet etc. U live in a place that has this happen every year, its very hot there they are aware of this.

• Oh well. People die every single day, and third world nations like that devastate themselves on a routine basis.

• I think they need a. c.

• Ignorance at its highest in Pakistan.

• Ignorance at its highest in the US: only in the US the majority can afford air conditioning.

• @zell0is0my0name
      I don't believe that fasting for 14-16 hours can kill a normal person. A heat stroke can. Or a person who's ill can get sicker from fasting.
      Muslims told me Islam permits women who have their periods to stop fasting a few days and fast a few days after the Ramadan instead.

• @jacquesvol : that's true but I don't fast after Ramadan.. And I know only 1-2 ladies who do this.. It isn't really common practice at least here..
      And yeah you're right a heatstroke can kill a person.. I just hope not too many die in the next few hours..

• I don't think much of it ever. It's sad that people are dying, but it's not affecting my day.

• It's the deathnote

What Girls Said 3