Guys, who is your favorite rapper? I personally thing Kendrick Lamar is the best MC rn. Who do you think is on top rn?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Lupe Fiasco is my all-time favorite but yeah I agree with Kendrick being the dopest out right now
    Nas is the GOAT to me

• I like your taste in Rap :) and thanks for mho

• Np. I didn't know who to choose and you said he is the best rn. Plus you included Lupe and of course, Nas.<3

What Guys Said 19

• My favorite is 2Pac, followed by Biggie, Eminem, and Nas.
    Right now, I probably agree with you that K. Dot is the #1, but Nas is still kicking ass when he releases a new album, he's just not in the media as much as others. Eminem is still great, still at the top, but it's a shame that his style changed, I prefer the old Em.

• I think everyone can agree with you on that. But Eminem shouldn't be in the same sentence as Tupac and B. I. G. Unless of course it's a comparison. Such as: "Tupac is so much better than Eminem." Also, I think Common is better than Nas.

• Well, I was talking about my favorites, but still, Eminem is considered Top 10 of all time, not only by me, but for the industry too. In my opinion 2Pac is the best cause of his lyrics, the message he sent was pure rap. But also Eminem is/was great cause he also pour his heart out. While 2Pac talked about society and what he saw during his life, Eminem talked about what he experienced, and Eminem has a better flow than 2Pac, truth be told (still Biggie has the best flow in my opinion though).
      Obviously Eminem doesn't reach Pac's level, but he's still considered one of the greatest.

• Tupac and Biggie

• Eminem is the greatest of all time.

But from the new school my top 5 are dizzy wright drake Kendrick Lamar hopsin. Couldn't think of a 5th but I'll guest I give it to j Cole. I don't like him or his music but everyone likes it so he can sit there for now

• I honestly hope your list of the "Top 5" aren't in order. Or even at all correct aside from Hopsin, Kendrick, and J. Cole. Eminem indeed isn't the greatest of all time either. Compared to what? Many would say Albert Einstein was great or amazing. If you mean the best rapper, well many should and will disagree with you on that. Eminem is a narcissistic, ignorant, annoying rapper. He had some good music back in the day and the only person who would agree with you on him being the best rapper of all time would be young, prepubescent white boys who also think all blacks are going to hell.

• Currently Tupac. Other favorite lyricists, Kendrick Lamar, Common, Nas, Jay Rock, and Lup.

• Lupe is boring and can't right a song to save his ass. Tupac is ok he relatable is all

• well i think the best rapper ofc is kendrick.
    But i do enjoy the drake/asap rocky/travis scott more. they have more replay value and bring me into "that" state. Atm my fav rapper is a tie between asap rocky and travis scott.
    They both got mad fashion, i love their styles musically and they turn me up.
    Asap rocky;multiply, excuse me, lsd, lpfj2. Bumping that shit evryday
    Travis:mamcita, the prayer, zombies, drunk, basement freestyle, ghost town, white girls. He uses auto tune too damn smooth and good...

• Both are trash. Pero..."At Long Last A$AP" was decent.

• Drake is terrible for one. The only good verse he had was in Poetic Justice and that's because K. dot was in the song. Actually Travis is pretty good. And if you think Drake is "good", well I bet you thought his newest album was amazing! "He's a fucking legend!" -you said A$AP is so much better than Drake, he has a weird flow though. I like his collaborations with ScHoolboyQ though. But if you really listen to the lyrics man, they are not amazing. More or less, trash.

• lol if i really lyrics to be dropped, ill take out an eminem or jay z album. but not evry rapper needs to be lyrical. I think trvis and asap have more mic presence since drake sometimes sounds boring and dull.. And kendrick tends to copycast outkast a bit

• Kendrick is fucking amazing!

• Logic is amazing in my opinion

• the only rapper I like is Eminem

• Eminem is nothing but a sell out. He once produced good music and now he makes shit. He is terrible and the only song that is actually good is Stan. And that's because it reminds me of Immortal Technique's, Dance With the Devil. Try a better approach. For older rappers search; Tupac, The Notorious B. I. G., N. W. A, T. D. E, Isaiah Rashad, Lupe Fiasco, Chance the Rapper (earlier music), Common, Nas, etc. Good luck!

• first you asked who I liked and I told you, no need to get upset about it, second I don't really like rape in the first place

• Personally I like J Cole

• I agree, but I also think Eminem as well. But not all his songs, the ones with actually meaning. Mockingbird really gets me.

• I really have no rapper preference or fav

• LL Cool J, Slick Rick, Wu TangClan, Busta Rhymes, Ice Cube, Tupac, Nas, Biggie, Snoop Dogg and DMX this is the just part of the GOAT

• I have to agree with you on most of the rappers in that sentence. But Wu-Tang's music isn't that good. I feel like they are a bit cliche to mention in G. O. A. T. The 36 Chambers album really got popular from C. R. E. A. M. and a couple of other songs on there (Method Man, etc.) . Wu-Tang did have some good members though. They just overuse dialogue and samples of movies. Take a look at Iron Flag, not very good of an album. I mainly began listening to them in the first place because of how "great" they are. But in reality, there albums are shit. N. W. A. had a better turn out. Wu-Tang's latest album was that good either.

• I like Eminem personally but that's my taste

• Bone Thugs n Harmony

• Y. T. Cracker

• I don't listen English rap.

• Tupac and eminem

• I agree, Kendrick is phenomenal. TPAB is easily already a classic in my eyes.

• Music is a waste of time, I've stopped listening to it and making it.

• I feel like that is a bit of an overstatement. Maybe you stopped analyzing it's depth, but surely you can't just not listen to music unless you are def. What's a waste of time is something only perceived by one's self-mindedness. So if wasting time is interpreted as listening to music, then making a comment about your one sided opinion is not? Music can be a muse and for you I assume it once was... how does one lose a muse?