Was self-defense for women actually invented by a man or woman herself?

-A woman because she would know more about how to outsmart someone that's generally bigger and stronger.
-A man that faciliated it for girls and by doing that, already telling how to physically outsmart a man

• A man.. nothing better than a man giving girls all the answers
  • A woman... she knows more about surprise combinations

Most Helpful Guy

• As I understand it modern self defence was first popularised by women leaving the armed forces... who were naturally taught primarily by men.

Historically speaking, throughout history there are pockets of evidence of women knowing some rudimentary self deffence techniques, sometimes it was explicitly taught to them by the men around them (which makes sense given that men generally are more likely to be proffesional soldiers and what not).

But why does it matter who invented it? Knowing a few basic pointers on how to defend youself is a useful skill for anyone, male or female...

And what the hell is with the answer options? If a guy knows how to fight, surely he's a good candidate to train people how to fight? No? And why should a woman have a better concept of how to surprise someone in a physical confrontation?

• To be honest though I've tried to get most of the women I've dated who haven't already been interested into some form of martial arts. Tis good to understand biomechanics, know how to deffend yourself, is fun... and my old fiore master used to insist it makes a man better in bed.

What Guys Said 9

• This question is a waste of the practically unlimited space that is the internet.

To expand upon this point. Why does any of this matter?

• I think it was likely a guy

• I would thing self defense was inverted by war.

• Interesting and if it was invented by war then it was invented by a man for sure.

• I say it was a woman probably trained in martial arts

• A man obviously... how else would women know every mans balls are sensitive

• of course the man.

men built the buildings, clothes and materials.

without us females would still be living in caves.

• Does it matter?

• It would make somewhat of a difference. If it was invented by a woman that would mean a woman had to figure out herself how to defend against a man and it took her time. If it was invented by a guy well that's sweet since he taught her those moves and told her how to defend against a man.. basically the very man telling the girl how to disable him or even drop him.

• Asian men are generally small and they made it so they'd know a lot about fighting bigger opponents

• No possible way to know. Doesn't matter either.

• Not that it matters but it might make a difference. If it was invented by a woman that would mean a woman had to figure out herself how to defend against a man and it took her time. If it was invented by a guy well that's sweet since he taught her those moves and told her how to defend against a man.. basically the very man telling the girl how to disable him or even drop him.

What Girls Said 1