Why is it okay for everyone to be rude to Christians?

I just look around and notice how it is perfectly okay for everyone to completely Disrespect the Christian religion.
If you say anything about the LGBT community then everyone runs to their rescue with understanding. Even prisoners get more respect and people fighting for their rights in prison than Christians get. Everything that us Christians stand for is being challenged these days and they are being Shamed for standing up for what they believe. So why is it okay for everyone else to stand up for what they believe but when it comes to Christianity it's a free for all, for everyone to say whatever rude thing that comes to mind. Why is no one standing up for them too?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the fad, for one being Christian means ya live by a set of rules, many people don't accept having rules placed on them, and the lgbt thing is about doing what you want and it being ok, and so just like children arguing for more play time, many who don't actually care about lgbt treatment will still support it, as well as anything else that allows them more freedom.

The fact is, no matter what your belief is, we are human first, everything else comes second.

What Guys Said 30

• The biggest problem with this discussion is that most of the people on both sides seen to prefer throwing blanket statements around; ie "why does everyone", "everyone always says", "Christians are all x, y or z", these sorts of generalizations serve no one's arguments. When you make these sorts of sweeping statements you give both the impression of an already made up mind, as well as putting yourself automatic on the defensive by assuming "everyone" is out to get you or against your beliefs.

Asker, when you ask a question such as that and then throw in the statement "if you say anything about the lgbt community" you give the impression; rightly or wrongly, that you view that community in a certain light. Naturally they and their supporters, just like you and yours when the opposite applies, will come to their defense from such perceived attacks. Granted, Christians are often painted in an unflattering light these days and while Christians are dying in other parts of the world for their beliefs, generally speaking in the Western world Christians are usually respected and even if verbally attacked by some liberals and media outlets, LGBT persons endure more direct hatred every day. In just the US in 2008 there were over 1600 hate crimes directed against members of the LGBT community according to FBI statistics, many of those violent felonies.

• Edit: In my last statement I didn't quite finish my train of thought before moving on. I meant to say even though Christians might be attacked in some media outlets and by some of the left side of the political spectrum they aren't in fear of their lives or in danger of being physically attacked here in the Western world, whereas...

• The LGBT community is the reason Christians are treated like shit. Everyone assumes that every single Christian is a racist and a homophobe.

Guess what? I'm a Christian. And guess what else? I support the LGBT community. You know why? Because true Christians practice kindness and acceptance, not harshness, atagonization, and close mindedness.

• There is no "true" type of Christian. There are many different types of Christians, and often they are not in agreement with each other.

• It's the end times that's why.

• People don't really mean it when they talk about people needing to be tolerant of others. What they really mean is that they want other to agree with them, while they remain intolerant of anyone they disagree with.

• I openly disrespect all religions (asides from Pastafarians). And I also disrespect cancerous LGBT movement.

But to answer your question:
    You live in a leftist/liberal infected country. That's a very strong social cancer with a strong tendency of self-loathing and desire of self-elimination.

Christianity is more about preserving oneself through the traditional means, such as heaving a healthy (i. e. straight) family: something that leftists and liberals oppose.

Besides, since leftists/liberals know that Christianity is probably the largest religion in your country, they require to lower it's spread and influence in order to have a larger carnage when their liberal cancer will reach it's final form (i. e. civil war / jihad).
    They already have experience in bashing some specific groups (such as American males via feminism) and now use the same tactics to lower the influence and popularity of Christianity in your country.

Simple as that.

• Well it's not ok to be rude to Christians. If that makes you feel better, actually you have it better than us Muslims, at least you are not called terrorists because of your beliefs.

• "If you say anything about the LGBT community"

Why do you feel the need to talk shit about the LGBT community?

Stop trying to bully people, and maybe people will stop being rude to you.

• Just because I am a Christian doesn't mean I hate the lgbt community. I actually have friends that are gay and bi and even lesbian, i just don't agree with what they like. We still are friends we talk and are cool we just don't agree on that one thing. But bullying because I don't agree? Stop acting like a kindergartner.

• Don't change the subject, miss. What nice things do you have to say about the LGBT community?

Seriously. Because if all Christians had to say about the LGBT community is "I don't agree with it, but I keep my opinion to my damn self and think that they should have the same rights as everyone else" them nobody would have a damn thing to say about you, either.

But that's not what you and the rest of your card-carrying troupe of bible-thumpers have to say, and you know it.

• It's not okay to be rude to Christians, Muslims, atheists or otherwise. There can be disagreements, and the fact that a fundamental doctrine of Christian theology is free will, this would actually engender disagreement because everyone has the ability and right to believe what they want, how they act and then are subject to the ensuing consequences.

Christians may be persecuted because of historical errors and crimes that have been committed against an ethnic, culture or other religion, in the name of God. It even says in the Bible that Christians will be persecuted in the last days.

But there is a difference between being rude to someone and not sharing their belief system, and too often we can all be guilty of writing off someone else's beliefs with a throwaway insult or antagonistic slur. I could disagree with a gay person's lifestyle, but does that make me intolerant? No. I'm just not agreeing with it and I'm choosing to live in harmony despite that difference of opinion. loving my fellow neighbour regardless of our polarity in religion, lifestyle or otherwise. Neither one should verbally harass, physically intimidate, bully, persecute or mentally harangue someone else for having a different lifestyle choice... there is a big difference between me saying, "I don't have your belief, nor do I choose to accept that as my lifestyle choice, but I will live and accept you as a person regardless," and beheading someone, shooting them or committing a crime against another for not adopting my religion, or renouncing their own.

As for laws, yes, a lot of laws in western society are originally based off the Mosaic code, that being the ten commandments and other levitical teachings (ie incest, bestiality, civil law, etc) and other countries have their laws based on their religious writings, such as the Koran. Which is wrong? Which is more correct? Should we do away with our laws because I may not believe that the Mosaic code applies to our contemporary culture or should we protest, picket, appeal and write to our parliament in a civil manner, expressing our misgivings for amendments or existing legislation in the hope that our voice is heard and if it isn't acknowledge that in most western societies, that we live in a democracy and whilst we can vote, poll and billet, we may not always get our way.

• What you say is true.

• People talk shit about Christians because a lot of them like to stick their noses in other people's lives and tell them what to do.

Also, as a black girl, I'd think you'd be especially able to understand the difference between sticking up for a minority that's being bullied and standing up to the majority who are doing the bullying.

• Christians butt in and judge everyone else for not adhering to their religeon's code of ethics, and try to write their beliefs into law... sooooo, they're pretty much begging for it

• Everyone judges us for not being like the rest when we try to stick to our faith. It's okay for them to Judge us and tell us what they believe but we can't tell them what we believe?

• Though I disagree, I do see your point.

• ... and I yours

• Because Christian extremists push their agenda through the government and try to infiltrate our schools and women's bodies. And for what? Some ridiculous fairy tales written thousands of years ago that have no factual basis, why do I have to have an argument on whether or not the Christian god or any other god still exist? Why is this still part of political debate, can we move on from Santa Claus?

Ask yourself, to all the people you think are rude to Christians, would they be as equally nasty towards Hindus? Why do you think that is?

• If the Christian agenda was being forced there would still be prayer in school, abortion would not be legal and many other things. Can you tell me what things are they "pushing" because it seems everyone is doing the pushing over us Christians. and why is it that anyone who won't follow the ways of society and stands up for what they believe in is called an "extremist"?

• there pretty close to doing all that. Teaching the bible in science class in public schools, making it as difficult as they can for women to get abortions, fighting tooth and nail to discriminate against gays

• Oh yes, Christians have just GIVEN UP on all those things, like there's not anti-abortion protests and people whining about prayer not being allowed in schools. Now gays are being allowed to marry, oh noooooooo. We should stop shoving our secular agenda down people's throats and just deny people love and happiness so people can be satisfied with their mystical fairy tale book. We should deny rape victims who are pregnant an abortion so that welfare increases because those kids grew up unwanted and neglected and become criminals because destroying embryos is so terrible, let's just ban ejaculation while we're at it, millions of sperm are dying too. My point in the last couple of sentences of what I wrote was, do you see many other religions doing this? No, pretty much just Christians and Muslims in the eastern hemisphere trying to impose their ridiculous laws on everyone else.

• Because Christians seem to have issues with the LGBT community in general. So now, most Christians are deemed as homophobic and transphobic. I may not have an issue with all Christians, but I have an issue with the ones who try preaching hate one moment towards one group, but love and forgiveness to everyone else.

• Because when the commies tried to get the workers to revolt they were unsuccessful because of Western values so they've attacked it ever since - the traditional family, sexual restraint, capitalism, loyalty to nation, sense of heritage, and of course Christianity.

• because its atheists that always push their belifs on people to feel better about themselvse. chrsitans are seen as weak but their patience and fogiving attitude is actually very strong.

• Its not OK if it was something the majority agreed on it would be wrong to bash

• And to Muslims too

• because christen values go against popular opinion so it is ok for every one to attack it

• You are right - Everyone entitled to same respect

• You keep saying how unfair it is that Christians are all being lumped into one group, while complaining 'everyone' is doing it.

Zounds, the irony.

• Thats because religion is bullshit. So if im good i get to go to heaven but if im bad i got to hell. Really? Or if i pray hard enough god will help. Fuck that shit.

• You don't got to go there

• no it doesn't matter if your hitler as long as you repent and accept jesus Christ as your savior you go to heaven. And it doesn't matter if your the biggest philanthropist , charity working helpful person if you don't accept jesus your going to Hell. BULLSHIT

• Exactly, people need to focus on their lives not some fantasy.

• It's not, it's just, they tend to push their shit on to people. That's what's great about being Jewish, we don't get all up in your face with the religion

• Because Jesus ROFL. Don't worry I might accept him into my heart in the fleeting moments of my life, then he can whisk me away to heaven.

• It's never okay to be rude ever.

• I respect whatever religion people believe in or not believe in. I'm pretty neutral

• Look at what they are doing in louisianna its fucking appalling. So they bring it upon themselves

• When the world turns its back on you, turn your back on the world.

• Stand up for yourself

• Christians are hypocrites.

• Lgbt Wats that?

What Girls Said 18

• Well, I've seen a LOT of Christians being rude to other people as well, it goes both ways. And I'm a Christian myself, I just call it like I see it and unfortunately there are Christians out there who react very rudely to anyone who doesn't believe what they believe. They just go around preaching to everyone, being so judgmental, and acting "holier than thou."

That gives off a really negative impression of the Christian religion and non-Christians begin to think we're all like that which could lead to them holding their negative views of Christians. In reality, there are people of ALL belief systems or groups who may act in a way that is rude or hateful towards those who think differently. So, it's not just Christians who are experiencing negativity from others. Muslims experience it, atheists experience it, gay people experience it, etc. and the list goes on.

I'm not the type to play the victim card. I don't believe Christians experience any more hate in this world than any other group, organization, or belief system. As long as there are people who believe different things and think differently, there will be those who behave in a hateful way towards other people with opposing viewpoints. And that goes for everyone.

• First off, quit it with that victim complex. Are you physically attacked for being Christian? How often have you been seriously verbally harassed in public? Had any hate crimes committed against you recently? That's shit a lot of non-Christians, particularly Muslims and Jews, have to deal with on a daily basis. So suck it up. A couple people being "mean" to Christians online is nothing like being assaulted and harassed in public for your religion.

As for why people are "mean" to Christians, just look at the behavior of a lot of your groups. I see more Christian propaganda saying such and such a type of person will go to hell than I see from any other religion in the US. Besides, Christians are a pretty huge group. Any large group will have a lot of opposition, particularly when said group spreads a lot of hate and uses its power to impede the civil rights of other groups. And sure, not all Christians are like that. But enough are that you really can't be surprised how unhappy people are with Christians as a whole. And before you start about hating on other groups the same way, there's a pretty damn large difference between punching up and punching down. Again, look at how may hate crimes are committed against Christians versus against other groups in western countries.

• I don't criticize Christianity but I criticize Christians cause some of them say they are Christian and then don't do anything the bible says. Others disagree theologically with every fundamental point of Christianity and yet claim to be Christian. Most Christians - I'd say 90 - 98% are blasphemers who say things about God that aren't true but I ignore it for the large part until it gets so bad I feel like I have no other option then to argue and point it out.

• There are many reasons why people are rude to Christians. First of all, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:12.) the second reason is because Jesus warned his followers of this very thing that "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." (John 15:18.) And there are plenty more reasons. The fact is everyone was bought at a price when Jesus died on the cross to take away our sins. Not only was he beaten and spit at and nailed to the cross and "just as there were many who were appalled at him, his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of every human being and his form marred beyond human likeness" (Isaiah 52:14) plus ALL of his bones and joints were out of place Psalm 22:14. And that's not even half of what he did for EVERYBODY! And people don't understand that part. They don't understand that Jesus's suffering and dying is a GIFT to everlasting LIFE! And BECAUSE of that, I will gladly follow all the rules in the bible, but that is entirely impossible and Jesus knew it so he gave us the Ten Commandments. C'mon, only TEN commands, how many more commands do you place on someone else? That is where Jesus's mercy and loves comes in. And he said in Mathew 10:32 "Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven." So, that's why "I" like to share Jesus with there is because I LOVE HIM. I get SO excited about what he's done for me!

Overall, Christians go against the flow, and that is their choice. Nobody should get mad or offended and immediately assume that Christians are judging those who don't go against the flow. Everyone has a choice and and a free will, but when or if you get that little nudge to acknowledge God, that is God calling you closer to Him 😍

• Not trying to sound harsh, but I'm wondering if you've actually seen the way prisoners and ex-prisoners are treated. At least in the U. S., I'm not sure that's the best comparison to make...

I definitely don't think it's okay for people to be rude/disrespectful to Christians, but I also think that there's a disconnect between what people think of as rude. Going both ways, too. And I'm not saying this is all Christians! But sometimes they'll say things which are actually very hurtful or patronizing (but from their perspective, it's just a fact or a part of their religion), and then get terribly upset the minute anyone says something they don't like. Some of us non-Christians can be very intolerant and rude, but I think there's a lot of disconnect between everyone involved in the communication, sometimes.

Again, I absolutely don't think it's okay to be rude just because someone's Christian! I'm just saying that there's a bit of a disconnect sometimes.

• American thing perhaps? Too much of it has been associated with pedophilia and paranoid people who freak out about sex, a natural cause.

• Because all the devout practicing Christians I have met confuse piety for a licence to be a flaming, intolerant asshole in the name of defending their religion. I'm all for believing whatever you like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, but there are some (ie the Duggars) whose beliefs encourage negligence at best and are malicious at worst.

• Where are you seeing this? I've seen many religions disrespected and the majority of it was Islam.

I think what's being challenged in Christianity is the conservative stupidity that seems to be prevalent among the believers. Many Conservative Christians don't want homosexuals to marry.

• They're being shamed for what they believe in because it's discrimination. And discrimination by any group isn't okay. Remember nazis, yup people didn't handle that discrimination. Remember the cool rights movement, people didn't stand for racists discrimination. And now people aren't standing for Christian discrimination.
    Christians can not be as homophobic as they want or abstinent as they want but they're not able to force other people to have to abide by their own religious teachings.

• It's today's cliches. It's sickening. I'm a Christian and I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been ridiculed for being a young Christian girl. I'm a stupid little teenager--I can't believe in anything but cute boys and short skirts, right? It's just plain sickening. I love how you worded everything you said. You make a great point that hadn't been made yet.

• This is the question of the century bruh. I ask myself this daily.

• Haha you do realize how rude christians are as well, right?

• Why are you lumping all Christians into one group? That's the problem that is giving people the bad impression of us.

• Oh, so you've met the majority of Christians? Or just the ones the put in the news to give Christians a bad name.

• I could care less about the news tbh.

• It's not ok. Everyone should just leave everyone else alone and let them believe what they want

• It's never okay. Old Christians have endured persecution too, and this is what we have to go through.. but we gotta be still, stand firm, continue fighting and believing that all that's going on is happening because it has to happen. It's just a test of faith.

• This is so stupid.

• @CountVronsky So what's stupid about it? Is it stupid to stand for what you believe in? I respect everyone regardless of who/what they are or regardless of what they believe in but it doesn't mean I agree with them.

• I'm a Christian and I myself can behave pretty badly sometimes, and I know a lot of Christians behave in far worse ways than the non-Christians I know. But I never used being a Christian as a license to shame people. I treat everyone fairly. Not all look down to others, because they are not one with us.

Some Christians believe that they have this responsibility to the world's to be policemen going around pointing out where people are wrong and how they are sinning. But what some do, doesn't define us all.

What I've said earlier is for the asker/Christians and not intended for anyone who doesn't believe on what we believe in.

• Just because people do it it doesn't make it okay...

• I believe in "self" but respect other peoples preference to believe in whatever they choose.

Peace xo

• Because there are more non Christians and they don't like us

• Why is it okay for Christians to be rude to Atheists?

• Are you lumping all Christians into a group? The Christians that they display in the news are not the same christians who go out, do community work, donate to charities, and are understanding and loving. That is the image they Want everyone to see is the "rude ones" so that way it gives people an excuse to hate them