Why is there always more outrage over stupid things than real things?

Hey, hundreds of thousands of people are dying in Syria...

Endangered species are being poached to extinction...

and this crap is what causes outrage? I really hate people!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/politics/confederate-flag-walmart-south-carolina/

Most Helpful Guy

• really? just because the nut job was posted a picture of him holding a confederate flag suddenly it is the source of all evil? really people come on. I have never even thought of the confederate flag as symbol of slavery, I thought of it as a symbol of state rights, that is what the civil war was started about. it didn't become about slavery until Lincoln gave the emancipation proclamation

• Many people think of it as different things. The point is that that flag represents the cessation of states who wanted to keep slavery and rebelled against the North because of it. "Keeping slavery" as norm of life isn't a good thing.

• I know it is the main, but it wasn't the only reason

• well if it was one of if not the main reason, its a bit misleading to claim its about states rights. Furthermore they lost which means they where traitors to our great nation and there flag is a symbol of TREASON. Flying it would make you a sympathizer right? Shaky territory I wouldn't want to be on, especially with the patriot act, and the amount of seperattist and hate groups who still use it. Also free market dictates companies can sell whatever they want, so no one really has any say in that.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 1

• Do you NOT get what that was in reference to? The 9 people killed by a racist in Charleston? THAT'S why it's a big issue.

The people dying in Syria and species being poached are issues as well, but this happened at home.

What Guys Said 5

• Because people are morons that's why.

• because people fall into the traps the elites use to control us. Divide and conquer baby

• Most people also missed the NASA report that said the worlds major fresh water aquifers are at or below 25% capacity

• Probably much less due to hydraulic fracking.

• @rationallioness crazy to think clean water may be the most valuable resource in the world in ten years

• Most people are sheep, or people like me feel like we can't do anything about it.

• Yeah It is amazing what people get worked up about

• The offended culture where you are to lazy to be offended by offensive things