Any reasons why homosexuality and same-sex marriage is bad that AREN'T religious?

So everytime I hear negative things about homosexuality, transgenders, and same-sex marriage, it's always worked bad to religion having a say. Then, people try saying, "It doesn't matter, because in The Bible..."

Bitch... I said non-religious... why you bringing up a Bible?

So any non-religious reasons, or is it ONLY religion?

Just so y'all know, I've met many kids who were raised by homosexual parents. Honestly, depends on the parents. But they're the ones I'm around the most as stupid social stigmas do apply to them
I feel these answers are hilariously stupid, I'm sorry.

Most Helpful Guy

• Children need both a mother and a father.

Girls who are raised apart from their fathers are reportedly at higher risk for early sexual activity and teenage pregnancy. [52] Children without a mother are deprived of the emotional security and unique advice that mothers provide. A 2012 study by Mark Regnerus, PhD, Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Texas at Austin, found that children raised by parents who had same-sex relationships suffered more difficulties in life (including sexual abuse and unemployment in later life) than children raised by "intact biological famil[ies]." [133] Doug Mainwaring, the openly gay co-founder of National Capital Tea Party Patriots, stated that "it became increasingly apparent to me, even if I found somebody else exactly like me, who loved my kids as much as I do, there would still be a gaping hole in their lives because they need a mom... I don't want to see children being engineered for same-sex couples where there is either a mom missing or a dad missing." [53

• People should not have their tax dollars used to support something they believe is wrong.

Peter S. Sprigg, MDiv, Senior Fellow for Policy Studies at the Family Research Council, said that if gay marriage were legalized, "[t]axpayers, consumers, and businesses would be forced to subsidize homosexual relationships... One of the key arguments often heard in support of homosexual civil marriage revolves around all the government 'benefits' that homosexuals claim they are denied. Many of these 'benefits' involve one thing–taxpayer money that homosexuals are eager to get their hands on." [146] Gay marriage would entitle gay couples to typical marriage benefits including claiming a tax exemption for a spouse, receiving social security payments from a deceased spouse, and coverage by a spouse’s health insurance policy, largely at taxpayers' expense. On Dec. 17, 2009 the Congressional Budget Office estimated that the cost to the federal government of extending employment benefits to same-sex domestic partners of certain federal employees (making no mention of additional costs such as Social Security and inheritance taxes) would be $596 million in mandatory spending and $302 million in discretionary spending between 2010 and 2019. [37]

• @. Anonymous (Under 18)
      "People should not have their tax dollars used to support something they believe is wrong."
      What's worse than war, bombing enlisted soldiers and civilians?
      "People should not have their tax dollars used to support war.

A VERY Christian example of a child with two fathers: Jesus. Do Christians think he turned bad?

What Girls Said 6

• Nope. Not in my opinion. Let them be as miserable as straight people as the joke goes... lol.

Transgenders I can understand. I know a lot of guys exclaim that they don't want to be "tricked" by someone who outwardly appears female and is not genetically. I've heard a few transwomen marry men and lie to them about why they couldn't have children. That I feel is wrong and immoral.

I also don't think there's enough research into why there is a mental disconnection with their physical form. If they want to go through SRS and hormone therapy, they should be allowed to. But I would be interested in knowing WHY they feel like they're one gender.

Finally, the whole bathroom issue. I've heard some people feel... weird... about sharing a bathroom with one of them. But I haven't heard many. I'm not really looking at people when I go to the bathroom and I've used men's plenty of times... hahaha.

• You do realize I'm transsexual right?
      I make two different myTakes on the situation, look them up

• Yeah. I do. So? These are very real reasons why people are against Transgender/sexual/s---not so much denying them rights, but because what a lot of them do. Who wants to be lied to in a marriage? If I'm with a guy and he used to be a woman, I'm not interested. Some Transgender/sexual/s don't tell people... and unfortunately many people assume all of you are that way.

And again, I'd be interested in finding out WHY you feel this way when it's not normal. The majority of people don't struggle with gender identity or feel that their bodies don't fit their minds.

The bathroom issue is funny to me. I've heard people complain about that but it's one I wanted to say because of how dumb it was.

• SOME transsexual people. Not all. You basing everything off of a few is stupid considering a few are not all. If I did that with the first few white people I met, I'd be a complete racist.

Also, a majority of people don't feel this way. Therefor, its seemed as normal. No cisgendered person will ever be able to tell why we feel the way we feel, only that we want to feel like you do and that means not having an issue with our bodies.

And bathroom issue is a serious one as many transgenders can't go in one bathroom or the other. As a transsexual, I've had police called on me and was approached with violence by some people. Uni-sex bathroom are all I use now to avoid being killed.

• Well, you can't have children. A woman already has a period so IMAGINEEEE TWO women on their cycle #CHAOS. Also even adoptive children need to understand the warmth of a mother and strength of a father or vice versa. Either way the kid will be miss either a mother or a father. Legalizing gay behavior opens doors to all kind of crazy behavior. People could choose to marry Anything they wanted just because they choose to like pets and family members because "love is love". So who knows what would come after it.

• You know what you said is irrational, right? You want to impede on people's rights to be with who they want because... that's right, no reason.

They can have children by in vitro.

Studies have been done which show that there is no negative impact on child development of children living in two parent households of the same gender versus different. There IS when there are single parent households.

Zoophilia is unlikely to become legalized due to the animals being unable to consent.

Finally, would you like people telling you what you can/not do in your bedroom? I don't think so. Why would you do that to other people?

• Marriage relationships like Why can't I marry my family or pet... I don't know what else. Thats all I could think of what may be a problem other than religion

• I never said they don't turn out fine, I said they would miss out on having a mom or dad lol do people just turn comments into whatever they feel like? geez

• I don't think that there are any, to be quite honest.

• Tolerance of gay marriage leads to tolerance of other things

• Oh i do just love questions like this, the opinions are always so entertaining!!

• There is no reasons. Not even religious ones

What Guys Said 14

• Nope.

Most of the issues surrounding homosexuality arise from either religious belief or out of fear. Homosexuality to be honest does no good or bad for mankind. It doesn't harm our species (short nor long term) nor does it do anything to promote it. It's essentially a neutral and harmless concept, that people blow out of proportion because it goes against what they see as "normal".

As for same-sex marriage I see no problem with that either, because marriage is and has always been a civil matter. Hell, the concept of marriage was around long before modern day religion came around and hijacked the term.

• It's been legal here in Canada for ten years. Nothing bad has come of it so far. In fact, all that has come as a result is that gay people who want to get married are happier because they can.

• Nearly all the reasons are rooted in religion or societal bias

• There are many non-religious reasons that people say, but none is rational or scientific.

I can tell a few examples:
    - Being against "family values" (and by that they mean one type of family, excluding all others);
    - Causing the world population to decrease;
    - Being a "bad example to kids";
    - Being "imoral" (but if you ask them to develop it, they fall into a tautology);

• can dick in anus create babies?

how confused would it be for a child to be raised by two males or two females?

nature tells us its unatural and wrong. dont start with males fucking other males in the wild. its not justified.

the initial idea of marriage and definition is for a woman and man.

its unatural and anyone can see that. also, i see that their main defence is that they didn't have a choice. well... scientists studied to identical twins and concluded its not genetic and its by choice.

there non religious.

• Well with all honesty, I don't have a reason to accept homosexuality or to view it as a normal behavior.

• So just curious, but lets say, for examples sake, you have a child who IS homosexual. What would you tell them?

• Ok but that doesn't mean they they will change their views about homosexuality. It's very rare to happen.

• Well with all honesty, I don't have a reason not to accept homosexuality or to view it as a normal behavior, even if it's not my cup of tea. If it happens between consenting adults in their life and sleeping room, I see no problem. If two guys kiss in public I feel it as strange, not shocking.

• 1. Can't have kids 2. Goes against nature 3. Takes away potential mates from the not gay pool. Other than that nothing

• There's a theory about homosexuality actually helping stem the tide of overpopulation.

• Thats a you problem buddy. How do you think I feel when I see a lesbian girl? I can't go after her anymore. But I know someone else will be lucky.

• Didn't say it wasn't my problem but you asked why and I gave you reasons

• It's in some old book...

• Marriage is defined as follows: The act of marrying, or the state of being married; legal union of a man and a woman for life, as husband and wife; wedlock; matrimony. About the only non religious reason I could think of. Obviously you could just change the definition, so don't waste your time replying with that comment.

• I dunno but I can see why people think it's bad and I honestly think if homosexual people want to be miserable in marriage we should let them

• You guys stole the word for "happy"! Grrr...

• I was gonna read all the opinions
    but there are some making me so angry I'm just going to leave good gracious

• No just social stigma's but that only applies if you are around pricks.

• Having both a father and a mother is crucial for a child's well-being, and in turn, crucial for our society's future. Well adjusted children grow up into well adjusted adults.

Why should gay couples get financial benefits that exist as a way to help ensure that children are raised properly?

• Your reasoning has already been scientifically disproven. It's bs. Find a better reason, or better yet, just admit you're a bigot looking for any reason to justify your prejudice.

• Scientifically disproven? It's not even remotely difficult to point out opportunities for a balanced and well-rounded childhood are compromised by having two parents of the same gender. I doubt very much little Timmy will have a season ticket for the football and a kart racing membership with his two lesbian mummy's. it may be stereotyping but it serves to help prove a fairly simplistic point. There is more balance in having heterosexual parents.

Part of the bigger problems are in that too many pro-homosexuality followers completely miss the point that there are many here trying to add a balance to the debate as well as offer an opinion, not to be derided, ridiculed and labelled as a bigot for imparting a completely rational viewpoint. Everyone can justify their beliefs.

I do feel people go completely overboard in trying to normalise homosexuality. They are a minority and their sexual orientation by definition of the word itself they are simply not normal. (See definition of normal