Why is it so hard to be a good person?

I try try try my hardest to be a good person despite my circumstances. I dont have money, or clothes, and I barely even have people who really care about me. And yet I try to be a good girl. But its hard to be a good person most of the time. I feel like I am slowly being pushed further and further into a corner where my only option is to just say "fuck it" and do all the bad things that everybody else in my community does. I want to be a good person, go to college, get a good career helping others and just basically live a normal life. But everytime I try to take 1 step forward I have to deal with seeing people I love get killed or having my plans completely break due to finances or getting stabbed in the back by the very same community that I want to help. I guess what I'm trying to say is could somebody please give me 1 reason why I shouldn't just stop caring about anybody?

I was hurt when, I wrote this and rereading it, it sounds really bad. I know reasons why I should care and they are more important than my own selfish desires. I dont need advice for this question

Most Helpful Guy

• You may not need advice but perhaps a reminder, if you don't do it who will? How you live your life the actions you take cannot be undone and they can't be taken away, no matter how hard someone tries. If you continue moving forward refusing to break then others will gravitate to you, slowly perhaps, but they will gravitate and then they will be inspired and they will move forward and others will gravitate and so on and so forth. It will be slow and you may never live to see the impact of your actions but they will be there. Don't give up, because if you do then I have no reason not to, and if we do then so will others. You may not be able to eradicate the evils of our society, but at least you can let it know that it doesn't mean it can win. Its a war of attrition, its just a matter of who can last longer.

What Guys Said 7

• I won't judge, or give you 'religion' as a reason, but there are so few of us, that hold out, doing what is RIGHT, just because it is right!! There is no reward, no money, nothing, really. The only thing you have, is that you lived by your beliefs, and did what you thought was right. You have INTEGRITY, and maybe that is enough.
    Is there something after? A reward? Maybe, maybe not, but some of us don't do it for rewards. . .

• We all have a bad days - Are you okay?

• Well I feel u I feel the same way I am a Christian man and I feel like people take advantage of that but its not like I put it out there and advertising it but just saying I do the right thing because its the right thing to do. I work with an atheist and he can be a mean person and even though he is hatefull and has no respect for anyone Make me sometimes want to take the low road and do something mean just like him I put my feeling away and realize I'm a better person than that. The high road is away better but I'm not saying I let people run over me there is a line I'm gonna take so much but I'm gonna be civil and let him know where the line is I'm still a human being he respected me once I let him know how far he can take it but anyway do what u know is right and don't hit below the belt wen ur drawing the line works for me (draw a line)...

• If you give in then all that's left is a spiraling darkness of misery and self loathing.

By making that effort to be a decent person you keep your head above the water and that allows you to see what is in front of you. It's hard but so long as you keep trying to improve your situation, you will find peace.

• Thanks. I hope that I can get pass all this sadness. I really didn't mean to start complaining my feelings were hurt when I wrote this.

• Message me if ya want someone to vent to, I don't mind listening.

• this world is cruel, it doesn't reward good people sorry

• Because that's not how you are or what to be

• choose with whom to associate better.

What Girls Said 3

• Thats the way the "dark" trys to take over the "light" in our hearts. Just continue to do good and you will have "light" inside your soul. Money and clothes don't make a person. The content within their heart does😊

• If you decide to stop caring, you'll look back when you're at the end of your life and wish you'd been strong enough to continue caring. Because when you stop caring, you're just another bum in a run-down, beat-up community that the welfare system will use in a statistic. You'll be a nobody.
    You have that awareness now of what is 'good' and 'bad'. You've seen the opportunities that come from being 'good' or, in other words, doing something with your life that will help other people. Hold on to that, and your future self will thank you. And if you do well, your community will thank you too.
    Stay strong and hold on to what you believe is right.

• You don't have all that stuff yet you have access to the internet? Maybe try getting rid of the internet and using that money for something more useful. Spend your money wisely.

• This has nothing to do with money at all. This is about people

• So why would you include the things about not having stuff if that had nothing to do with the point? You know, you can't blame other people for all your problems.