Can I "runaway" with $200? Florida to San Francisco and back? I'm 18 I just need a changing life experience?

I have sever depression and its getting worse, I'm 18 no diploma, no job, 1 best friend of 14 years. And a life going no where.

I have no problem hitchhiking I look like and AM a friendly person. No problem staying in a park or in a tree.

$200 should be enough for cheap food or emergency cheap plane ticket.

Is this a smart move? Should I tell my family and if they will support it?

I need a experience that will make me think and find the real me.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to save up a lot more than that. $200 alone would barely cover the plane ticket.

It's great you want to go on such a journey. But you need to plan out first. Find people you know who live out there who can give you support. Save up more money before you go.

Also consider other options than San Fransisco.

What Girls Said 2

• that's not enough

• You are so young with a lot of good things ahead of you. Keep trying and make an effort. Please get your education and go back to school. $200 ain't shit. I live on my own and $200 won't even pay half of all my bills. Running away won't prepare you for life

What Guys Said 4

• 200 USD nowhere near enough

• Yes if you are willing to either panhandle or work odd jobs. Expect to pay roughly $50.00 in food, sleeping in allies, and are tough enough to survive on the streets. Otherwise probably not.

• I have no problem beating the shit out of somebody, I'm 6 foot 3 over 200p

• It's a mental kind of toughness I was talking about. When my wife and I hitched from Salt Lake City, Utah to San Diego, California when we were 18 we had a blast, but had some pretty bad experiences as well. I'm glad I did it but I wouldn't want to do it again.

• Try 2k... minimum, and even then only if you already have first month's rent paid, and a job lined up

• If I had 2k I can just fly their and back and get a hotel for 2-4 days with food.

The cheap way.

• And why San Francisco? That's about the longest and most expensive plane ride you could ask for short of leaving the continent...

• And for christsake, you're 18, you haven't been here long enough to know where your life is going...

• Nope... $200 is literally nothing man. It'd probably last you like a week and a half, tops...