A couple of high schools with nothing but black males has a 100% success rate. Is this needed or is this segregation?

2 schools in Chicago have nothing but all black males attending them have a 100% success rate with all of their graduates being accepted to colleges all over the USA. Is this kind of school needed across the USA? I think so because you have all these stats out here saying that black males lead the drop out rates, school suspension rates, and not going to college rates. Education critics say its segregation, but I think its a great idea as it helps combat the problems of black males being the most behind out of everyone else. I also think that critics hate this success because its provides further proof that the traditional USA school system is something that black males don't need and somewhere they aren't wanted... Also I think they hate that its successful . Thoughts? Here's some links to check out

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/urban-prep-graduates-all-_n_2981203.html

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice!! Bet the media won't and isn't covering this though..
    I heard Malcolm X was for segregation, maybe this is why? Yeah you already know the establishment is trying for slander this somehow. If this was an all white school the would be nothing but praise from those extra critical

What Girls Said 2

• that is impressive

• I think it would only add to more racism. If people can't learn to coexist peacefully the solution is not to separate them like they're 5yr olds.

What Guys Said 3

• Super tough question - Have any white kids ever tried to enrol in these schools - Were they refused - I do favour schools like this but logic dictates that if I do I should be okay with an all white school which I would not be ( dilemma ).

• Its not really about having a school as in terms of traditional segregation, its trying to stop a crisis that's going on in America. As a black male myself, I think I would've benefitted greatly if a school like this was around when I was younger and I probably would be further than I was today. For all the critics out there claiming that the reason why they are asking black leaders to speak out about the dropout rates of black males in grade and high schools all over the country is because they care should applaud ANY type of progress. I don't look at it as segregation, I look at it as something that's needed.

• A school like that caters to the needs of a very specific kind of student. Schools like it ought to be opened in other places, but it doesn't and cannot address the issues plaguing the black community as a whole.

• Never heard of this, which high school are these? There no such thing as 100 %

• Its Urban Prep , a high school in Chicago.

• I just read some articles not bad but I don't belive segregation is why they are successful, seems like no different from an elite private school, would not be surprised if there are tests and kicking out students to keep that 100