What do you think about some Alabama sororities still refusing to let black girls in?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/annasoldner/university-of-alabamas-sororities-remain-mostly-segregated#.tgKMKrA0M

I was little when Obama got selected and I thought racism was over. Since, y'know, he was black. I couldn't be more wrong.

"The problem, as many sorority members tell it, stems from powerful alumnae stuck on preserving the tradition of their all-white sororities — even if that means threatening to withhold donations and other financial assistance."

What sick motherfucker does that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Those types of institutions are going to take a long time to progress into the 21st century

What Guys Said 8

• It's not right this stuff should been over 50 years ago
    and I'm sorry they still have to do that stuff it's not right ,

• They should all be ashamed of themselves. I'm actually embarrassed for them.

• Hey it's their right to do so, just like it's any black womens right to deny a white girl entrance to theirs if they choose. It may not be fair but that's life.

• Are you for real?

• Yup, as I said it's not fair but it's their right to do it, unless the school says otherwise -shrugs- not much anyone besides the school can do to stop em.

• They kind of mark themselves for what they are for everyone to see and the people who don't want to associate with racists can easily find superior associations to be a part of.

• I think that the removal of the confederate flag in many of the southern states, has finally sort of seeing the error of the ways of the south

• Its wrong for sure. I applied to join a black fraternity and was told I wouldn't even be considered as I was white. Racism is definitely not dead.

• "I was little when Obama got selected and I thought racism was over. Since, y'know, he was black."

A lot of adults thought this too which just means they were racist. They should have voted for him on his ability to lead a country not on the color of his skin. No racism is as strong as ever. Physical properties should have no effect on who a person votes for president. And it's disgusting that those sororities aren't allowing black women in but I don't know what decent girl would want to be in that kind of sorority now knowing the type of people in it.

• Racism will never be over. There a lot of dumb people in the world and that won't change anytime soon.

Just look at how many people are still religious.

• And there's nothing wrong with being religious.. It's only wrong when you try to force other people to convert or follow your religious 'traditions'.

• Oh and you're saying that atheists can't be stupid too?
      God, stupidity exists, everywhere, in every religion, in every country.

• Being an atheist is not a remedy against stupidity, I agree.

What Girls Said 2

• What the fuck?
    We're living in 21st century not 2000 BC
    People are so close minded..
    That tells me racism will never end and go to hell!! :D

• One word = archaic