Anybody watch the first episode of True Dectective? What did you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Good cinematography, I had some distractions so I need to watch it again. I enjoyed the setup for the rest of the season, and I liked the scenes with Colin Farrell the best. The Taylor Kitsch and Rachel McAdams parts seemed a bit undefined.

• I thought so too. I think he has issues from being deployed in the military. Definitely kept lots open to build on. It got bad reviews but I thought it was pretty good.

What Guys Said 1

• I have heard good things about it - I have been meaning to catch up with it

What Girls Said 1

• I haven't heard about it before. Is it good?

• The first season was amazing!!!

I'm on the fence with this season though because it's big shoes to fill compared to last season. It's on HBO if you want to see it. Each season is a new story so you don't need to watch season 1 first but I totally recommend it because it was that good!

• What kind of show is it? Wanna pm me?

• I'm very deliberately not comparing it to the first season. Rust Cohle is a once in a generation performance and I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if I went into season 2 expecting more of that. The fact that they stories in each season are completely unrelated is a huge benefit in that regard.

And I agree, Penny Dreadful is a spectacular show. Highly under appreciated. People should be watching and talking about that instead of Game of Thrones.