Overheating PC. Game Suggestions?

Hello, I wanted to ask if there is some game that my unbelievably frustrating pc can handle? Just to clarify further, the computer was fine about 2 years ago (it could run batman origins! I remember beating it too v~v) But now it can't even handle batman arkham asylum. Basically all it does when you play a game it doesn't like is shut down on it's own because of the heat it emanates. Now the only things that this garbage bucket can run is small games like Binding of isaac (original + rebirth) and other small pixel games or games that are decades old. So are there any modern -I will emphasize on modern- games that this thing can run without overheating and hanging up? The specs are as follows:
cpu: Core i7 2600 3.40 GHz
gpu: Nvidia Geforce 545 3GB
motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF
RAM:6 GB DDR3

I want newer games as the old ones just don't captivate me as much on PC. I have fallout 1 and 2 installed and I just can't see why they are better than 3 or new vegas (Believe me, I'm a retro gamer at heart, I play games like resident evil 2 and 3 or pokemon red, super metroid/earthbound)

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to try to focus on making your computer work properly for the games you want to play, rather than restricting yourself to scrounging for games that you hope won't cause your computer to overheat. Find the source of the problem... could be the graphics card or maybe it's just a ventilation issue.
    steamcommunity.com/.../

• This thing is not worth upgrading. If we aim to make it keep up to next gen game expectations the money it will take is way above of what I'm willing to pay about it (because I could never have so much). Think about it, it needs: Full tower case for better ventilation, bigger voltage power unit for the new graphics card (This has only 300W), new graphics card and some new fans. All this> 1000 euro. Too bad... :(

What Girls Said 2

• Have you tried some manual work on it? If it's overheating that's not a difficult problem to fix. It's actually one of the easiest. Or you can see what kind of internal cleanup you can do to make it run smoother. I don't know man all the games I play are pretty big. My computer overheats too but I have this like atachable fan thing for when it gets too hot haha. I'd start saving up to do some upgrades if I were you. Good luck

• Can't you just upgrade the fan to handle the heat?

• I would probably need a gigantic one... so maybe no :(

What Guys Said 6

• Your problem is that you are seriously light on RAM. You want the entire game loaded into memory. Any time you swap to drive, it lags.

I recommend at least 16 GB, preferably 32. An SSD might also help because it operates at roughly the speed or RAM although the SATA interface is a bit of a bottleneck.

• I have 8GB's of ram, and I can run anything I want to play fine. in my opinion 16 is excessive. (I've never heard of 6 before :/)

• I personally think it's the graphics card that's weak and overheats. But I don't think the computer would close on it's own if it was the gpu. Intel processors automatically shut down when they reach a certain amount of temperature

• Open it up and use an air can to blow the dust out. From the sound of it your graphics card is not cooling itself properly.

• To me it sounds like we can play batman arkham asylum and arkham knight... on youtube... V-V... :( I appreciate your help a lot though. I must be annoying, sorry!

• No worries, I do this all the time on other forums :)

• Hmmm. I had this problem at one point. I know it's something to do with a BIOS setting. The only problem is that it would void the warranty to try and fix it. + it might not work :/. Only advice for you is not to get scammed by people saying they can fix it for a "cheap" price.

As for games, If you want to spend a lot of time playing a "low requirement" game, I recommend osu!.

• Do you know the cause of the overheating issue?

• Probably the age of the PC. It's 3-4 years old

• bottleneck*

• I will bet it's the graphics card and with that it sounds like there is no hope. Thank you for your help though

• Try formatting your PC and everything will work out fine.

• Get a ritan and get a liquid cooler and you will be fine