Why is everyone so against the Confederate flag?

I just don't get it its just a piece of material and what's this about stores taking out meds that have cotton in them I just wondering what's going on?

If I'm not mistaken don't black people have there own power groups like the NAACP and the black panthers and all that two and u don't see white people in an up roar about that

Most Helpful Guy

• then you don't get it... it's what that "piece of material" represented...

• Well what I'm saying is if people don't like it then they don't fly one them selves and leave the people who do alone they are not bothering anyone

• but they are bothering people. you don't seem very bright. but there you go.

• If we are bothering people then I guess most southern states are to because the flag is within there state flag is what I mean

What Guys Said 4

• It's what it symbolized. Is the Nazi flag you know the swastika? Is that just a piece of material too or are you one of those insensitive jerks that would fly it at a Jewish convention?

• I think that it has been associated with white supremacist groups - There is always kneejerk reactions after tragedies , first I have heard of the cotton thing though.

• There are some that fly the Confederate flag as just a flag.
    Then there are the others that fly the flag just to symbolize their racial-supremacy heritage.

I'm sure there are many folks that are hiding their racism under a facade just to deter media attention away.

• Symbol of hatred that is clearly still very much used

What Girls Said 2

• They taken the cotton out of meds around 15 or so years ago. As for this flag, I associate it with "white power"

• Something happened recently. A shooting I think? I don't really remember. And the flag was associated with it thus the new found hatred. It represents something that people have deemed socially unacceptable. Must be obliterated.

• Really if that's true then why did so many people love the dukes of hazard for so many years and watch it the general Lee had a Confederate flag on top of the car damn right

• I understand stand that I just feel they are kind of making an issue of something that they shouldn't they should be making the issue the one man that started this mess but i see what u mean buy telling me what's going on but I don't get it put blame where it need be on him not a piece of material

• I mean the blame is on him. people have been using the swastika as an analogy and I think its very fitting. Hitler is to blame correct? But that doesn't mean the usage of the swastika isn't. We love blaiming. There's always plenty to go around