What do you do when you just can't fall asleep?

I just got back home a day and a half ago from working 12 hou days for a month. Now that I have all these free time I can't sleep. Any safe over the counter sleep aids or would working out or running help me fall asleep? So far i've just been staring at the ceiling or fighting with my pug for bed space :).

Most Helpful Girl

• I use melatonin. It is a supplement that is the chemical that sets your sleep cycle. It will also make your body signal itself to sleep. You need to take it at the same time each day. It is non-narcotic and has no dependency issues.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 5

• Do some really active activities. Play a high-paced sport, do some cleaning around the house, and more so you get yourself really tired. Then fall on the bed or the couch and you will be fast asleep.

• Really push yourself and get as much as you can accomplished during the day and you'll find it easier to allow yourself to sleep. You can also tell yourself that you are going to sleep well tonight towards the end of the day.

• Use benadryl. It is cheap and effective. U can buy 12 or more capsules of the generic stuff at a dollar store. That's six doses of sleep inducing bliss. :-D

• Exercise or run the guts out of yourself and get a great night's sleep

• Read books