What you think of usa immigration?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think just like any/everything else, the us migration system needs tweaking and it gets some. It's not stagnant and it will never satisfy everyone. The is immigration system is necessary for obvious and some not so obvious reasons. I read the attached article. The guy leaves out key parts to his story.

"But it turns out that following all the rules is not enough. A move into public interest work unexpectedly fell through, leading to the imminent cancellation of my work visa. "
    He does not explain what the public interest work was or how moving to it or attempting to do so causes cancellation of his work visa, for starters. Sounds like that move violated some immigration law but that's just speculation on my part because he didn't leave enough detail on the one seemingly most important piece.

In work with and go to school with MANY East Indians and I'll discuss this with them. Seems the guy leaves out much like how he was able to change jobs yet he complained about how the system prohibits leaving the company sponsoring the work visa. I know Indians who've left our company, come back, those who's wives came over on work visas, they are raising a family and have citizenship now. I know each case is different but sounds like this person may have broken some immigration rule. Hard to tell though, the way he's delivering his story.

Yes us immigration is difficult and long. But necessary. Could it be better? Of course! But consider the task at hand. Or should we just open the flood gates and have no immigration system or process. Would that be better? This guy got student and work visas. There are millions who can't get those and need other visas requiring 10 year waiting periods. At least he got here, got degreed and got valuable work experience. I have more sympathy got the millions of pour souls who'd like to come here and have a chance at a better life of just decent living. This guy could go anywhere and prosper, including his native land. Cry me a river when even hard working American citizens can't afford to send they're own kids to college and this guy basically got a free ride degree and is now whining because he can't stay here and it may be his own fault.

What Guys Said 14

• For me I don't really get such issues, sure in terms of a political and economic view it's generally a bad thing for politics and poor for local economy although cheap labour generates more profit. But in terms of basic views, it's ridiculous we're all human and we all live on earth any kind of borders are all man made and controlling those when you think about it is also ridiculous because no one should have the right to claim such ownership of land.

• I have "immigrated" somebody (sponsored their green card), and thus know the system all too well.

It sucks. The Department of State as a whole is an embarrassment, but the personnel and protocols which govern immigration are totally unacceptable. They reflect horribly on what is otherwise, for the most part, a wonderful part of the world.

• I heard the main reason why there is so much illegal immigration in America, is because it is a very long and difficult progress to become a legal USA citizen.

I don't know much about the process but I heard the process takes a long time and is unnecessarily daunting. Maybe the USA should loosen the requirements a bit. At least there would be more traceable immigrants vs illegal ones that are difficult to trace and track!

• Most developed countries have immigration problems and serious problems working how to be both secure and fair

• Decriminilize drugs would help stabilize these countries that people are fleeing. Also I fully support the Mexicans coming over, most of the west was their land to began with. When the Indians wh didn't want to go to reservations or get killed left they went to mexico. Now they are coming back. KARMA

• you're all immigrants in some way. you have no real right to be anti-immigrant.

• I can't think why anyone would want to go there. I imagine the Americans are trying to get into Mexico now.

• El Dorado is the password

• I'm okay with it, as long as it's legal. Hell, some Americans already living here should leave.

• Thank you very much

• It is a very complicated problem, but most simply saying: it is flawed.

• USA is a place you should get out of

• It's good. Holla

• More enforcement would be nice.

What Girls Said 2