What is the weirdest language you have ever heard? And which is the most annoying to listen too?

Does anybody dislike a language that you speak?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think any language sounds particularly "weird" but I study linguistics and in one of my mandatory classes, we learned a bit about Inuit (or Inuktitut as it is actually called) and I can only say that this is a pretty strange language. Its grammar is mind boggling. It's one of the most synthetic languages in the world. This means that instead of expressing things in individual words as analytic languages such as English do, it expresses almost everything with prefixes and suffixes. And the prefixes are than again prefixed sometimes and the suffixes suffixed. Of course you can't just stick together things randomly, there are a lot of rules. There are cases and gender and sometimes things that are expressed in one sentence in English (say: "The man with the red hat was sitting on a branch of a tree eating an apple") are expressed in one single, super-long word. I don't remember everything I've learned but I remember it was pretty weird (but also very fascinating). I am a native German speaker and German is already quite a bit more synthetic than English . But this was whole a different world.
    As for annoying languages... I personally don't like hearing Slavic languages, particularly Russian. It sounds very aggressive. Now, people also say this about other languages such as my native tongue German but the difference is that Russian people also feel aggressive to me. Especially Russian men feel very intimidating and unfriendly to me with their machoism and their constant attempts to be extra manly men. I know this is a little mean but it really sounds like the type of language that would be spoken by a bitter and grumpy people who's got to go through 6-month ice cold winters and another 6 months of being stung by thousands of bugs.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think that any language sounds annoying.. rather foreign. But that's not a bad thing, in fact it makes me curious.

• Weirdest language I've heard is this clicking language that originates in Africa. I don't really dislike a language, I find them all fascinating

• Welsh or Latvian.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't recall disliking any language but when I was in Poland I thought the long words and the spellings were mad.

• I heard a woman talk on the phone in Vietnamese yesterday and it was annoying to be honest.

So for now I'd have to say Vietnamese

• Finnish sounds weird

• Hungarian is a very strange language

• Latvian is the moust disturbing I know. I will never visit that degradated place. Boring and weird people as well.. :P

• I think all languages r beautiful, n i listen to music from wherever

• An You understand the languages and lyrics, or you just get into the sound and feeling of it?

• I could understand partialy french/Spanish music, some songs more than others

But like german or russian stuff... i just like the music

• African clicking

• I hate hearing arabic these days.