Girls, If your husband didn't want a second child, would you divorce him?

Girls, If your husband didn't want a second child, would you divorce him?

• Yes
    6% (3)
  • No
    94% (45)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know how many kids I want. So, I hope I have that figured out by the time I'm married. I wouldn't divorce him because he was there first. But I would hope the man I love is being rational and not just saying no because he is sick of kids or something. But getting married is a 2 person decision, so having kids should be a 2 person decision. So, I would try to understand where he was coming from if I wanted another kid more than anything in the world. But if I was content with 1 as well, then I would try to not have kids.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 21

• Second child? What about if I don't want the first? No children for us! Can't not want a second child if you never had the first!

2|0
    0|0
  • No, a second child is a big responsibility. However, I would really want to understand why. If he didn't want one for selfish reasons then I would be disappointed in him. But if we didn't have the means or time to raise a second child (via adoption or pregnancy) then I would understand. Adoption is really expensive, and carrying a child for 9 months takes a lot of of guess who.. the mom haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • No... It's a negotiable thing + you sometimes can't prevent it - happens anyways.
    So - no abortions in marriage.

3|0
    1|0
  • No. That would just be a real dick move

0|0
    0|0
  • hmmmmmmm i don't think its a valid reason

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be thankful enough to have both him and a first child, dating a child free person is painful, he brings up vasectomies sometimes but I really want to have his baby secretly.
    be happy you have one at all.

0|0
    1|0
  • I would be upset because I've always wanted two children. But I don't think I would get to the point where I'd divorce him.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't want a second child either.

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds like something you should have discussed before you got married. That's a huge factor in compatibility, how many children each of you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'd reason with him and try to understand why he doesn't want to have a second child. Besides, I don't think I'd want a second child bad enough to end a marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something that already shove been talked about before marriage or even serious dating cause you never know.

0|0
    0|0
  • it would be both of our faults in this situation we should have talked about children before marriage

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want a second child. I don't even want a first child!

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess having a child needs to be a decision that you make together.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'd be okay with just one

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't divorce him but it is something that should've been discussed before marriage and agreed on.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because i dont want a baby

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If I wanted another child, I would be upset, disappointed, and perhaps other more complicated emotions. As a female the desire for children can be very strong. But it's not something I would divorce him over, especially if we already had a kid. Children are an 18+ year responsibility, and many people cannot take the commitment. I would want to talk it out and need his support though, as I came to terms with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know my husband want have a third so I got fixed but he said two was enough it makes me sad but it not because he really doesn't want one he had a good reason behind it so I understand no I would not divorce him

0|0
    0|0
  • Hypothetically if I even want kids, I'd want just one anyways. Hopefully before I marry the guy, we could discuss what we want in life, so we both would be on a similar page.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry I voted A- but meant to vote B. I would be a bit upset, especially if we had already talked about this, and he's now changing his mind- because I would expect for us to have already talked about this before we even got married. And to be honest I would probably hold onto hope that I could change his mind. However, if given the ultimatum of being with him and only having one child vs divorce, I would definitely choose to stay with him.

1|0
    0|0