Did I just break my fast?

I am fasting for ramadan so no water and food until sunsat..
but I accidently scratched the gum in my mouth and it started bleeding :( i swallowed blood. Am i still fasting?

Most Helpful Girl

• Swallowing blood coming from one's mouth on purpose breaks one's fast. So it depends , if you swallowed it intentionally then you have to fast this day again after Ramadan , but if it was unintentional then there's nothing gone wrong with your fasting.

What Guys Said 11

• yeah d00d you're fine.

• yes you are still fasting

• You are okay

• Yeah, it's okay. The blood of your own is not supposed to break it, especially when it comes out by accidents and it's very little. Accidents never break a fast, even when you eat two pounds of meat when you forget you're fasting.

• I am not an expert on Islamic beliefs - but would like to add that blood is your own and inside of you. So, accidentally swallowed blood does not count. Yes, you are still fasting

• ye you're good homie

• r u nerdybubbegum?

• Yes you swallow spit is the same thing you're fine

• You can only go a couple of days without water. I don't think Ramadan is meant to make you starve or dehydrate. I think what Ramadan is meant to do is make you give up sweets, or something you really love for a little bit. Not water or food

• Ha-ha not at all dude, fasting Islam mean no food or water from sun rise till sunset. If you're I'll or you feel like fasting is making you I'll then you can break it.
      Fasting is only for the people that are able.

• Jesus didn't technically fast he lived off the food of the land provided by God and mostly meditated in pray

• Jesus was also a traitor to my people (Jew)

• If it was an accident then no, you're still fasting.

• No, you didn't break your fast because it is body fluid.

• Even if you ate food accidentally you would still be fasting.

• Or if they didn't know.

• Oh and of course , if they didn't know about it as well doesn't break their fast !

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, according to the rules, your fast is broken.. But It was accidently, so maybe it's not broken.. I'm not really sure..

• P. s :- I read somewhere that drinking/swallowing blood during Ramadan is Haram, I don't know..

• yes you're still fasting.. blood is blood, and not water or food

• LOOOOOOL yes you're still fasting. I'm fasting and it's so hard.. oh how i crave the taste of orange juice ahh

• Saliva and blood are the same except that blood has blood cells.