I want to make friend and maybe a boyfriend, but feel like my personality is holding me back?

I feel its something "wrong" with me for being single my whole life in addition to not having close friends.

I had a bestfriend, but i broke it off since the friendship stressed me out and she refused to self reflect and ment that i was a bad person and that everytime she did something it was okay, but if i did something it was because i was selfish.

Anyway, she was the only person i could be myself 100% around and now the only person i can be myself around is my sister. So im not completely alone, but it would be nice to have other people to hang around with.

I have other friends, but im only semi-close with one of them, the other friends i just hang out with if there is a party or if we are going out.

In the past you could say i was "lazy" when it come to making friends. I was very shy and introverted while my former best friend was outgoing and social, so she made the friend and i became friend with them because they were friends with her. And since we are no longer friends i guess they woul rather hang out with her then me, which is kinda understandable.

I feel that me not having a lot of close friend is also linked with the fact i can't find a boyfriend, or at least make the guys im dating or talk to stay for a longer period of time.

So anyone that have any advice, because im starting its something wrong with me, and it makes me feel like im not an interesting person.

What Guys Said 1

• guess it has 2 do wid being shy/introverted mostly actually. shy people have a harder time makin friends truth is especially wid outgoin people. so i guess it'd b better 2 befriend shyer/less-outgoin people then

nothing wrong wid u, though... u r not alone :)

What Girls Said 0