To religious people, when someone is making fun of your religion in your presence does it make you want to hurt them?

Let's say you are out somewhere and someone is making fun of your religion in your presence, do you feel like you want to hurt them for it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tricky question. A person making fun is introducing himself/herself as a mean and narrow minded person, not to mention trash attitude. What if you retaliate? You are following the same rules, rather bending yourself to their gutter level. Best response is ignore them. When an elephant walks on the road, dogs do bark - the elephant isn't much bothered who barks!!

What Girls Said 7

• Not at all. To each his own. I don't practice a particular religion, though. I have been to churches of many many different religions throughout my life. I respect all of their beliefs, but I don't necessarily believe all beliefs of any of them. I am a Christian who believes in God and Jesus, but religion is man-made. I have bibles of several different religions and I have compared them. I can see where each religion gets their beliefs. I respect those beliefs. I have friends of all different religions and even those without religion. I may disagree with those that don't believe in a higher power, but who am I to say they are wrong to believe that.

• Of course not. It hurts when someone makes fun of my faith, but I've never had the desire to hurt them for it. In fact, I usually pray for them.

• Nope not really. I'm an atheist and many people often joke that in going to hell and I really don't care.

• Sometimes, their ignorance makes you want to high five their face

• To me not really. I see it as they have their own religion or beliefs and you just have to be the bigger person. I haven't ever really wanted to hurt someone for making fun of my religion though.

• I ignore their ignorance.

• Are you the asshole keep hiding in anon asking religious questions?

• ummm no... but im guessing your answer is yes to this question

• No i'm indifferent towards religion

What Guys Said 5

• Not really. I am aware of the goofy things in my religion and the uncool things the church has done in its history. We deserve some of that flack.

• Although I am not particularly religious.
      The people who know me would agree that I am not a great Catholic.

• Not really it make me want to distance myself from them. It's ignorant to make fun of a way of life because they don't agree with it.

• I used to in the past but not anymore

• No but I am really angry of this uncivilized man

• No, but I might become angry.

I will try to stay calm and discuss it with him/her.