How to get good grades and study hard but still have free time?

I'm about to go into year 10 (9th grade for people in the US)

Most Helpful Girl

• Since that is a freshman year, I normally do this. I take more priority into my education than my free time, sure free time is nice to have, but my education is going to affect my future in more ways than free time, etc. So to complete the goal of "free time" take advantage of extra time during the day! Maybe you have that free period, or are allowed extra time after class to complete some work, take advantage of it! You would be surprised at the assignments you can complete. Also, To achieve good grades, if you have any troubles with a specific lesson, try contacting your teacher after class, during lunch, or after school! Studying is a drag, for me going into 8th grade this year, it can be pretty suckish, but just do whatever helps you best! For example, study with a friend! Even put some music on! Maybe color code your notes, so that your in an actual mood to study! It's the little things that count, but just remember to take school as a priority! Maybe during class, listen to what your teacher/professor is saying, and jot down extra notes! I hope this helps! :)

What Guys Said 10

• What I do is on a business day (mondays to Fridays) I lift weights for 2 hours (plus college) and on saturdays and sundays I do mental training like math sh** (I'm bad at math) and do that for at least an hour Saturday and Sunday. But sometimes I have a lot of time of momdays to fridays so I'll do abit then too with free time :)

• According to a study, 1 hour of homework a day is optimal:
    theconversation.com/whats-the-optimum-amount-of-homework-to-set-a-teenager-39974

• Just plan ahead, allow time for study and freetime.

• Make a time schedule don't study more than two hours, try to finish ur homeworks early u can do it on ur way home

• I always just wing it hahah

• WORK FIRST PLAY LATER.

• You have to plan accordingly. It's a must if you want to achieve both of the things you mentioned.

• Dats impossibru.

• Cheat cheat and cheat once more

• Study 4 hours a day, two hours in the morning before school, and two hours right after you finish school, then from around 5:00 onwards you can do whatever you feel like.

What Girls Said 8

• Honestly I don't see that being possible at all. EX study your brains out 24/7, pass all your classes with flying colors, get an amazing job that pays a lot with little hours. Then You get free time and can spend all that extra money on yourself, lol.

• I'm a model so I don't need another amazing job :)

• Ah kk. I was just thinking of how my boyfriend studies for his stuff. ATM for 1 of his exams he's been reading 100 pages a day out of like 1000 or something like that.

• Be obsessed with accuracy and concentrate hard. Over time - this will come easily to you and you will invest less time in the things you do while getting the same grades.

• Prioritize and plan out. No procrastination.

• I procrastinate all of the time :(

• Manage your time and don't procrastinate...
    Basically do what I don't do XD

• Get rid of all distraction while studying..
    Get the "selfcontrol" App.. It can disconnect with all the distracting social medias for a temporary time.
    Studying smart can also do!

• find a particular time of the day you learn best at. for me i find it easier to revise and study at night or first thing in the morning. Or study one day and relax the next and so on

• That's high school for you.

• Do assignments as soon as you get them. Pace yourself.