Is it good to be an entrepreneur?

i've taken the initial steps to becoming an entrepreneur this week. i want to earn about 200,000 pounds per year soon. but do many actually help society? i wish to, because i want to help developing countries get richer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if other people call you one, you can't call yourself one.

• ok, it's good this offends you, but i don't care about your opinions of what is worthwhile lolol..

• eh? well you have aspergers', good for you./

• but you have aspies disease only because you want to look bad and try and dismiss my point haha... sorry, but there you go. bye now, ms. aspie.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah I would think so , I wish I knew how but I've never been good at making money but if I was I know that any good business helps the economy and puts people to work

• I am an entrepreneur by trade. I developed 5 companies and am now working on two startups. It's great if you have a vision, and I solute you in trying to build something to help society. But 200K pounds is a little ambitious do you have a good team in place, and have a solid plan? Most startups don't see return for a few years and your income is tied directly to profitability. Expect to live from other sources of income for the first 18 months to 5 years, unless you have made a better mousetrap and have the marketing in place...

• You really want to play this game? What's the most you have ever made in a single year, Me? $1.3 million American. ( FY 1993) and I can prove it.

• oh... there's no game. Just it seems your ego is wounded, but i don't care. you don't get how the economy works, and are offended at somebody else wanting to improve things.

• That would be awesome dude. Good luck

• Okay, let me smack you with reality.

Entrepreneurship is about making a profit with your venture. It may or may not directly help people (although anything of economic worth DOES help in an indirect way). But it MUST turn a profit. If it isn't going to turn a profit, it is NOT worthwhile to undergo.

Charities are another matter altogether--and if you want to be an entrepreneur, a charity is an extremely poor choice. If you want a charity, wait until your actual venture is profitable and THEN found a charity or give to one.

But I guarantee, if you mix up the purpose of what you are supposedly setting out to do, you will fail.

• Being an entrepreneur is great. But don't get your wires crossed.

• ok... but then you have a large ego and small will, so it figures.