Have you ever found something valuable on the street and kept it for yourself even though you knew you could return it to the owner?

What is the thing? And what did you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I knew it could be returned to the owner, no. I found a wallet with an ID, a debit card, 2 credit cards and $100 in a store parking lot last Easter weekend. It took me 3 days, but I located the owner and gave it back to her. She cried and was so grateful. That $100 was the only money she had when she lost it. She said that she was panicking and had cancelled all of her cards. She tried to give me $20 for being honest and returning it. I would not accept it, so she gave it to my teenage daughter (without me noticing) to give to me after she left.

• It was really tempted! I'm happy for what you did, i can imagine how happy she was.
      Short story, i lost my ipod nano 4 which i just bought last month and there's no miracle at all till now :(

• I'm sorry about that. I know what it's like to lose stuff. It sucks.

What Guys Said 6

• found a few phones but always returned them
    dont really see the point in keeping something that doesn't belongs to me

• I never found anything but hope I would return it if I found something.

• found quite a few cellphones when i was younger. i returned the first one to the ungrateful douchebach owner and decided to never do that again xD

• I never found anything

• I can't say that I have sorry

• nope never find anything valuable on street

What Girls Said 3

• No, not really. I was tempted to, but then I felt guilty and actually went out of my way to give it back. I once found a phone on the bus and thought I'd keep it and started to feel bad a few hours later, so I looked up 'dad' in the contact list and called. The girl's dad came and picked it up and brought me a box of chocolates. I once found a memory stick in the library and didn't give it to reception, but then I saw some important files on it, the whole thing was filled with coursework and dissertations, so I took the guy's name from one of the documents and looked him up on facebook. Turned out that he lived in a different town, so I had to email all his files to him, that's what I get for being nice. Anyway, in the end I just got frustrated and asked for his address and mailed the memory stick to him.

lol, now I just walk past other people's lost things. I once saw a £10 note on the street and I walked past it, I don't know, I just don't feel like people's lost things belong to me, and also they kind of carry bad luck, because they got lost in the first place, I don't know, I'm a little superstitious. But yeah, my advice is don't take anyone's lost stuff, then it's not your responsibility to get it back to them when you feel guilty :D

• I'm so impressed with you.. I can't still believe the world have people like you! You are very kind - it's really difficult to return something to the owner i. e the phone story - i mean it was really tempted tho. You are awesome! And you are right, that would be a bad luck if you take something if not ours.

• Nope, I never find anything valuable. :/

• Found your undies in my drawer. Its not actually valuable but you told me to keep it.

Hmm this made me look like i have some sort of fetish😐