Forgot money at atm?

damn feel so dumb i left the atm without grabbing my money. There was no one behind me. Do you think the money stayed there or it got out back it

doesn't the money get sucked back in after awhile

Most Helpful Guy

• As a giy who has worked, and currently works, for a bank, I can tell you not to worry.

ATMs are designed with a failsafe in mind specifically for this situation. If you don't take the money within 15 seconds (timing varies from machine to machine, but generally under 30 seconds), it will just get sucked back in.

Depending on the bank, it will either credit your account automatically, or the cash will go into a separate "bucket" within the machine, along with a report, so the bank employees can manually credit your account, the next time they balance the ATM.

Since nobody was behind you, I think you're alright.

What Girls Said 3

• I think that the next person to come and use the atm would probably have taken it. There might have been no one there when you were using it, but someone would have come to take money out eventually.

• Go back it might be there

• yeah, the money gets sucked back in usually after around 30-40 seconds, sometimes after 60 seconds. I once saw a girl left her money behind and I was gonna run after her but by the time I could even shout in her direction the atm swallowed it back up. don't worry about it now, there's nothing you can do really. just check your balance tomorrow.

What Guys Said 2

• Money is taken back in I think

• Go back as fast as possible and be prepared for it to not be there