GaG vs real world?

Would you say that GaG is a fairly good representation of the world in which we live, and that what is posted, questioned or answered on here is a accurate model of societies views as a whole?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to say that I think the viewpoints are pretty honest, because why come to a site like this virtually anonymous if you can't say what you really feel about something? There's no pressure from friends or family if you think something and want to let a bunch of strangers know it. HOWEVER, I think the way people react to each other is complete bullshit. There is so much stuff here that I guarantee wouldn't be said to someone's face in the "real world". So what is posted and answered yes, but how people treat each other here, no.

What Girls Said 8

• LOL well most questions on here are sexual and in the real world talking about sex is kinda taboo. So maybe if it wasn't taboo GAG and real life would be the same.

• GaG is mainly composed of people between the ages of 18-25 with a politically liberal point of view. I find that hardly representative. Plus, probably half of what is said here, they wouldn't say in real life.

• I don't think so I feel like a lot of things I see here I have never heard of in real life. A lot of issues people have is because they won't get off of this site and experience the real world lol.

• I would say so, yes.

• I am nothing like how I act online in real life and same with most other people online. People ask a bunch of weird questions they would not really ask someone face to face on here.

• Hell No! GAG is a freak show and that's what makes it amusing.

• No. No one acts the same in the real world as they do online. Nothing is to be taken seriously.

What Guys Said 15

• GAG is an atrocious representation of the real world when it comes to most issues.

• In my time on gag I've found that we're all the same as far as relationship fears and all. All of the under 18 for example ask pretty much the same type questions and have the same fears no matter what part of the world they're in. The only major differences I've noticed is when it comes to religion and customs.

• To know for sure, you'll have to choose... the red pill or the blue pill...d1zlh37f1ep3tj.cloudfront.net/.../Morpheus.jpg

• If this is a good representation of the world we live then we are in big trouble.

• No. You read something in GAG, then you see the total opposite in the real world. Here most people tel you what you wanna hear, but the real world doesn't give a fuck about what you want.

• Yeah I think it can be realistic, obviously it is the internet and that comes with trolls and sarcastic people but thats part of it, a lot of people are nice and give genuine good feedback and answers

• I'm gonna say peoples pent up anger or true self they hide comes out on GaG.

• All the people are rated 2points higher on GaG how do i look questions
    Most of the frequent gagers are hopelessly romantic (myself included), not so in real world

As a whole i think Gag is 70% accurate

• No. Not even close.

• No I think GaG is a bit Idealised.

• bahahaha no not at all

• Nope it is actually opposite of the real world.

• Not really.

• What people think behind their screen is different than what they think next to a real person

• Absolutely not. Most people on here are bitter, delusional and ignorant.