Is it weak to cry?

I mean... whenever I have to cry I feel like I'm letting myself down, like I'm not being strong enough, and I'm not able to care for my family. So... does anyone else feel this way or no?

• It's weak
  • It's not weak
  • Other (Comment)

Most Helpful Girl

• Crying is so natural. Everybody cries. If you didn't cry, there would be something very much wrong with you. It's good that you cry. Don't worry about it to much. Being strong didn't mean you never hurt, or fall, or cry. Being strong is being able to build yourself back up from those moments and make it out a better person. Everybody hurts and cries and crumbles... That didn't make you weak. Not at all.

What Guys Said 5

• It is not weak to cry. Having a cry helps some people. It is good to get your feelings out, it is bad to hold them in.

• It takes courage to cry

• A strong man hides his emotions - A stronger man knows how to express his emotions

• No it's never weak for one to cry

• It's not weak, everyone cries at some point.

What Girls Said 6

• I think crying is actually a sign of strength (as long as you're not crying aimlessly every other day). It's also a proven way to let out pent-up emotions - there's a reason we feel better after letting a few tears fall!

If there are people around you who look to you for support or people who might think less of you if they saw you cry, give yourself a few quiet minutes to break down privately before drying your tears, putting your game face on and reminding yourself that you're strong, brave and capable. :)

• It's not weak at all crying allows us a vent for our emotions, sadness. Where it might be perceived as weakness would be when a person Cries for little or no perceived reason, even in some cases of depression where crying might be a good outlet for releasing emotions could be viewed as a form of weakness. While others might see it as a sign of strength because they are able to get their emotions out. To me the real strength is when you can have a good cry, then pick up and move on with things.

• Not at all. You have to get it all out somehow. If that way for you is to cry, then do it. If you hold it in, it will build up more and more until you explode or break. That's not healthy.

• No, it's not weak at all

• It is not weak it is strong it shows that you k. ow your emotional balance and that you are capable but you need that extra boost because you don't think you are capable but you ARE CAPABLE OF CARING FOR YOUR FAMILY

• I do, and I'm a crier. Only people very close to me see me cry, and its rare. I cry in private (I do not count crying at movies as actual crying). Sometimes I cry because I am frustrated.