Do all cats do this?

My cat somehow knows whenever I'm upset or in need of some cuddles. She even goes out of her way, despite the fact she's comfy somewhere else, to come up to my room and nuzzle me while I pet her to feel better. Once my light's out and I'm perfectly calm, she immediately leaves, as if her job is done. She's done this more than once, so it's not coincidental. She's even taken to sleeping on my bed a lot more now, since I'm at a pretty stressful point in my life. She never did this before, but when I get stressed out or anxious about something, there she is on my bed.

My question is, do all cats do this with their owner (s)?

Most Helpful Girl

• Cats are really empathetic! They pick up on their people's moods and emotions really well. There's even evidence that a cat's purr will help heal broken bones and that they sit purring with people or other animals to try and help them feel better. They're really super sweet :)

What Girls Said 8

• My cats don't give a single fuck about me.

• Not all, but the ones who are very fond of you will show their affection like that. My cats meows at me whenever she knows I am upset hahaha

• Not that I know of. Not even my dog does this. Whenever someone is visibly upset, she doesn't know what to do and goes somewhere to hide lol. Unless it's mom. She always wants to cheer up mom with hugs when she's sad haha. Other than that, she's basically just like "WHY ARE YOU LIKE THAT, HUMAN... you're weird, leave me alone" lol.

• Cats and dogs gravitate to nice people.

• That's adorable! My cat sometimes does this, and tries to sleep with me every night, but I tend to move too much in my sleep so she leaves.

• Same with me. She figured out by now that when my light's out and I'm laying down, I'm gonna be moving around trying to sleep. So she just leaves.

• My cats do that to me too! Except that my cats sit on my face, haha 😅

• Not all.
    All of mine have though.
    I assumed majority of pets did it, but apparently they don't.

• My cats do feel me when I'm in distress and will cuddle or meow. I think animals have far better senses than most humans.

What Guys Said 6

• Animals can sense when something is wrong with their owner. I also think it depends on the kind of relationship you have with your cat. I had a super strong bond with our cat before he died. The reason I had such a strong bond with him is I always treated him well.

• Most pets are like that especially cats/dogs.

• Did you know that pets can be really good friends during stress? My friend's dog brings a ball to him whenever he is a little off. Best thing to do is, play with your pet/cuddle it. after all, they're family. And yes, I do think you're cat is normal.

• Surprising. I would think mostly only dogs care about their owner like that. Dogs are awesome.

• Dogs can read men mood much better than cats, but some cats do.

I don't care about anyone, because i am grumpy.

• What a sweet pussy cat