Do I sound like a nerd or not a nerd?

I always get B's and A's. For example, I took 19 college classes so far and I got either an A or an A- in 11 of them. I was in the National Honor Society in high school. However, I want to buy a street bike and a viper someday. I have a need for speed.
From the comments, I might be a geek or a nerd with a edge side!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes but at the same time there's a difference from being smart and being a nerd and after hearing some of your interest I wouldn't say you're a nerd at all you're just gifted so why hide or be ashamed of your talent?

• What do you mean when you said why I'm hiding or ashamed of my talent?

• Well I didn't mean it literally considering you asked I just assumed that many people judge you or say you are and I thought that you might be bothered by it but I'm guessing you're not.

• Oh okay!! I want some nerd in me, but be the guy that gets the girls!!

What Girls Said 4

• Ummmm... your grades aren't the only things that make you a nerd.
    I'd have to get to know you to decide.
    And I can't do that - because it would have to be in person.

• You sound like a cool nerd, not the ones that lack social skills!!

• I'm totes nerdy fo you.

• What defines a nerd?

• Got this from Merriam-Webster
      a person who behaves awkwardly around other people and usually has unstylish clothes, hair, etc.

: a person who is very interested in technical subjects, computers, etc.

• I think the definition is very outdated, or is defining the true stereotypical nerd, for example like Erckle, or the classic thick glasses, high waisted pants and pocket pen holder.

From you profile picture you don't look like a stereotypical nerd.

Kudos on the good grades!

Ps if you want a great bike aim for a Ducati Desmosedici D16RR, a very sweet ride! 😉

• Are there different types of nerds?

What Guys Said 14

• I mean, everyone is a geek at something. Being good at school just means you are good at school, things are totally different in real life.

By the way, what is your major? If you have a need for speed and are good at school, sounds like you need to become a mechanical engineer.

• You look more like a geek, which is a compliment lol.

Here are some humorous comparisons to help you out.

codemink.com/.../...e-do-you-stand-INFOGRAPHIC.jpg

wfive.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/geek-v-nerd.jpg

pad3.whstatic.com/.../...erds-and-Geeks-Step-4.jpg

I fancy myself a bit of both to be honest.

• What a nerd... JK... Grades aren't really what classifies you as a nerd; it's usually the things you do and how much time you spend on playing games and books

• You just sound normal to me

• That last sentence was the dorkiest thing you said. Having good grades doesn't make you a nerd it just means you're actually good at what you do.

• Sort of but it's okay, you are what you are.
    Besides being a berd/geek is all the rage nowadays

• Based on this amount of data, I have no idea. Maybe?

• I've taken 20 classes and still have 4 more to go.. i have gotten As and Bs.. . automotive mechanic and collision tech major... grades have nothing to do whether you're a nerd or not..

• I can't hear you

• don't sound like one

• Nerd. Haven't even read the elaboration.

• But great work man.

• Are there are different types of nerds?

• I usually think of nerds as cerebral types. But basically just someone who is well-read on some subject.

I was just kidding, I literally answered when I saw the question in my feed, I didn't even know who you were or what your story was. You just seem like a hardworking, ambitious guy, which is awesome.

• For me, it's you either STEM or you're not.

• You sound like a loser and a dork.

• Lol you sound more like a geek to me ans chill bruh nerdy is a good thing