What animal would you put out of their misery?

Just curious, let's say an animal is going to die slowly and for certain, and you had an option to end their life quickly. Would you do it for some kinds of animals? For humans? I'll assume an order of what animals would be psychologically more difficult to kill. Go through each option and select the last one you would kill in that situation. Let's say you could crush them with a large enough stone but feel the crunch.

• Ant
  • Large beetle
  • Bird
  • Pig or other livestock
  • Personal pet
  • Human stranger
  • Family member

Most Helpful Girl

• It's cruelty not to put a suffering animal out of it's misery.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think I could go further than a large beetle :/ No guts.

• I would do it for my pet I just couldn't see him like that.

• There isn't s "no way no how" option. I couldn't do it. Anything with life, I'd never be able to with full knowledge kill it.
    There's always a moment when one kills an ant without realization but never on purpose.

• That ant was pretty tempting. However the humans were running a close race.

What Guys Said 6

• Watching an animal suffer is no fun , so in the event that it would surely die a slow agonizing death , I could take my pets life even tho I would not like it.

• I'd kill them. I'd probably snap the animals neck rather than squish it's whole face. It would be cruel to just leave it there just suffering. For a human I'd only do it if there was absolutely zero chance of saving them and I'd rather use a gun or a knife.

• All of the above in the order they needed it.

• I think they should just kill all the polar bears now before they have to suffer through having no habitat left

• "Personal pet
    Human stranger
    Family member"

Come on, man; That's rough. I'm picking family member because I'm breaking your stupid rules and categorizing my pet as my family.

• Me - - - -