So, our band is coming up with a new single... and we have a guitar solo of about 1 minute, How should we put in a music video?

Updates:
So, our band is coming up with a new single... and we have a guitar solo of about 1 minute, How should we put in a music video?
so it's almost a full acoustic song with a few cajon moments... and it's about love and stuff

1|0
2|7

Most Helpful Guy

• do u have da link of yer song bro?

0|1
    0|0
    • well... we thought it'd be better to just release with the video!
      so nope... but it's an acoustic song and it's about love and stuff... any ideas?

• Show All
    • nope... it'd b a video-edit as i said

• thanks mate!

What Girls Said 2

• how would we know without knowing your type of music?

0|0
    0|0
    • well, it's like a love song... more like a confession about love

• I don't know without hearing the song

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Can't really say anything about it without having heard it. Also a miute long guitar solo sounds a bit much, this best be good :D

0|1
    0|0
    • yes... i know... that's the problem... when you put love into that stuff... it's kinda difficult to cut it out... but as from a few feed backs, they said the solo was relaxing... so the only problem is what we do in the video, cut the whole thing out or what?

• Yes! It's about time guitar solos came back.

Just show the guy doing the guitar solo in front of some hot babes with explosions behind them.

0|1
    0|0
    • hahha... that is kinda rad XD

• Are you asking how to make a video or how to deal with the guitar solo and that the fact that there is almost no singing.

Let me assume you mean that you don't know what to film.
    Often in music videos you see the lead singer sing. But that is not necessary. It is also not necessary that the music video follows the subject of the song. It is also not necessary to see the band play. All you need is something that entertains the people while they listen to your song.

How about the band traveling through the country.
    Or the band coming across to all kinds of funny situations.

For example this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saDguIg9CIE#t=89

0|0
    0|0
  • All the other band members shouldn't all just stand there and watch, get them clapping or doing some other actions related to the song and them just put them all of screen one by one or something to showcase what's going on. An alternative would be, if you're filming other things in a metaphorical sense, like a song about calmness and having clips of the ocean and a quick/crap example, then use that minute to display more material for that metaphor.

Another example would be if the music video was set in a school and had the band members causing havoc, that minute would just be switching between band members showing them throwing things off desks or something. Hopefully I've expressed my meaning.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have a story video and solo in the background

0|1
    0|0
  • Good question. :|

0|0
    0|0
    • so what do i do?

• Show All
    • i don't think we have problems about the budget... it's not that high but it's in a considerable range.

• That's not an answer. Give me a number.