Why do you think black and white people hated each other all this time?

No offense but there must be a good reason why those people made wars against each other years ago?

0|0
7|27

Most Helpful Girl

• this is a terrible question

BUT, under the unsupported assumption that black people and white people really do hate eachother (which is extremely broad and quite frankly not true) I can still answer it.

White people in the beginning were always taking from multiple cultrues. They took land, materials, cultures, lives, and people. In seeking control, they destroyed what they came into contact with. Even when other were willing to share or even welcomed them, colonists from the european countries generally speaking were a haneous assult on human life in the Americas. In the case of Black people they were taken from their homes and their continent, sometime in other cases sold by not their own community but by neighboring enemy tribes. If they survived the trip to America they were treated like cattle simply because white people thought that pigment in skin was a key marker of how much you were worth in the eyes of God. Science was even created to back up the misguided claims. When being a slave, you could be beaten, sexually assulted and killed and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Even after slavery was finally abandoned, racism still persisted in teh United States. Animostiy towards black people was still a very really quality that was as normal as the red and white stripes on our flag. Over the years things have gotten better, but as we can see in the recent years just like then black men can still be killed in the street without repercussions. So what if we have a black president (dont misconstrue, that is a major success but it doesn't change the lives of every day African Americans) De facto segregation is still a reality, With white flight and high taxes meant to keep blacks out of certain areas and in turn having access to certain education opportunities, White people in the US that control our government still, have kept black people disadvantaged since we were re-infranchised after slavery ended.

SO... white people should definitely be cognizant that if we rose up in a violent manner which wouldn't be the right, unlike them we didn't throw the first stone we would have a reason to at least. They are afraid that we might take what they have denied us so they call us thugs and gangsters. But it is interesting how we dont really attack white people we usually attack ourselves and yet people assume when they see us in public that we are going to steal form them or hurt them. Maybe they are just waiting for their punishment.

1|1
    1|0
    • In all Blacks vs Whites isn't a war. America was built on our backs and we still haven't been compensated for our mistreatment. Whites get scared when black people are educated, united and upset. So everything is done so that doesn't happen. For most blacks that I know there really isn't a hate for white people tho, Its strange. There should be. But things are slowly getting better, but black people getting shot in the streets and in churches will definitely strain any good relationships that have been established over the last 50 years

• Thanks for the feedback
      There's 30 other people have already answered so.. don't bother yourself answering..
      Okay?

What Girls Said 6

• because white people think they are superior for whatever reason.

4|4
    4|4
    • No..
      I'm white and i don't waste my time believing in such nonsense
      No offense for you

• im white too..
      and im not saying ALL white people...
      just back then MOST white people

• i dont think its like that now, of course... but back then things were different and people were scared

• Not all white people and black people hate each other. (lol, I'm a byproduct of love not hate)

Anyways, things haven't been so great between whites and blacks because not only did white people steal or buy black people as property, Africa was also colonized by white empires resulting in instability and oppression of the people who originally lived there.

Of course not all white people did the stealing, oppressing, brutalizing, and colonization. But prejudices still live on from these eras.

1|1
    1|0
  • Probably out of fear I'd say for Blacks, tired of seeing how life can be good but being oppressed and restricted in their wealth and assets. And I can't talk for white they did a lot of things at out plain greed and convinience. And the convinience was having the blacks do all the hard labor and serve them hands and feet. I can be wrong since I wasn't born in those eras. This is just speculation

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't see it as "wars". We let them assimilate us into America (even though that's technically not their culture)

0|0
    0|0
  • because African American skin people didn't have much money so they did hunting and labor stuff and in european and American people did more profesional stuff so they saw they think they were weaker people because of the things they had to live on

0|0
    3|3
  • Things might be better if segregation was still practiced in today's society

1|2
    4|1

What Guys Said 27

• Historically the Africans were actually ahead and Africa had the first ever educational institutions, and was actually overpowering the other people, but as their social structure improved their war game got weak, allowing Europeans to come invade and burn a lot of what was established. Simply put it was for knowledge and political power.
    In America it boils down to the time of early slavery. Initially white and black slaves joined together in rebellion. But then the upperclass afraid of this offers red pardons and pretty much everything the white slaves wanted, so that they would take the the deal and divide both sides changing if from a social status battle to something racial.
    Then we have whites afraid of blacks rising up too much, notably so, would you not fear the dog you've beayen escaping? So we have incidents like Tulsa Oklahoma and other such things...
    I mean to this day it just boils down to people wanting power and race being a way of taking it.

2|3
    0|1
    • Best answer right here! You be surprised how many people deny what happened to Black Wallstreet and the success Africa had.

• No matter what reason we dig out let's accept a fact that nature made us & every living creature in a way as to be insecure for everything. If it weren't for color then it's for religion or caste or creed or territory or something else but end of the day dividing each other on some basis or the other. We wind up having to be conscious and work hard for everything that it progressive while what isn't comes naturally to us which is called animal instinct. Which is also why man (human) is known as a 'social' animal :)

0|0
    0|0
  • In harder times people favour their own people, whether that means their immediate family, their tribe, their nation or their race.

Today there's that and the bullshit you're taught in schools and the shit you see in the news (as well as the things they don't tell you). Some people have said it's to do with white superiority and whites enslaving blacks, a few points on that:

- Slavery is as old as the human race and is a raceless crime. All races have enslaved other races as well as their own.
    - Up until more modern times we didn't have the ability to ship large numbers of. other races, that meant people enslaved people nearby, of the same race from different tribes.
    - White Americans bought black slaves from black slave owners who'd already enslaved other black people for thousands of years.
    - The first slaves in America were Irish (did you know most African-Americans have 25% Irish genes as a result?)
    - The word slave comes from Slavic people, who were the favorite of Mongolian and Muslim Turks and Arabs
    - The Muslim slave trade was the biggest
    - White people were the first to abolish slavery to the disappointment of black slave traders they bought from

We're only ever taught one-sided half-truths.

0|0
    0|0
  • There was never a war between blacks and whites, there "hate" began later with the slavery market. Black people in Africa sold their criminals and undesirable people to the white Europeans, and these used them as slaves. At the beginning there was no hate, cause whites were doing business with blacks, but later on with the years the hate and racism started to arise, since white people needed to show their slaves that they were superior in order for the slaves to not rebel, so they treated them badly and taught their kids to dislike them, to believe that they were superior. This believe lasted for years, and unfortunately today it keeps going, but luckily it's not so prevalent.

But like I said, there was never racism or hate between these two races until the rise of the slavery market, where the rich Europeans bought from the poor Africans, which were sold by Africans. Many people believe that Europeans went to Africa and took people by force, but it's not true, they bought them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all whites hate blacks and vice versa, but the tensions do exist and at the basis is always fear. Fear of some loss of privileged (real or imagined), fear of a repeat of history. Fear of change in power structure. Fear of the elimination of either race. The list is ad infinitum. The reality is that progress has been made and is continuing and things actually are better despite what mainstream media would like you to believe to the contrary. Some people just need something to hate, like they're addicted to it. They will fight that addiction and it will look like they actually hate someone or something but actually it's something more internal with themselves. Most Americans get along regardless of race, religion, culture or ethnicity. But you being a foreigner in a foreign land can only go by what the brainwashing media spins for you, what they want you to think/believe. Do you think all black guys are criminals and gang members and thugs? What have you seen to the contrary? Do you think all white people are well to do and perfect law abiding citizens? What evidence have you seen from where you are that contradicts that myth? Oh yes there's racial unrest in America. Not like it once was. There's also more racial harmony than any social media outlet or irresponsible internet media site would ever allow you to see. Racial harmony doesn't draw viewers. Is not newsworthy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Historically, due to the slavery of black people abducted from Africa to the Americas (North, Central and South), over 400 years ago.

It has no logic reason to still exist nowadays except for the hate that is being fed and perpetuated by "cultural teachings": as some say, nobody is born racist, they're turned into it. Fed with hate, some black and white people continue to move the wheel of this vicious circle of stupidity and violence.

There is also some nasty trending about reinforcing victimism among several groups of people, as a kind of "historical revenge" (big bullshit) and specially greed for having privileges over the other groups.

0|0
    0|0
    • Read about white slavery brother. White Irish people were sold to blacks as a slaves long before black slavery was started.

• Yes, that's exactly my point in saying that "historical revenge" is a big bullshit: there were all kinds of people turned into slavery in history all around the world. If we were all like "you made my great30-grandfather a slave, I hate you!" the whole frigging world would be at an all out war.

• I don't hate black people. I see us all as humans and not a color. Color is an easy physical difference to point out though. There's a competive drive to varying extents in humans and color is one vessel that drive can show itself though.

What I mean is humans tend to want more resources. Packing together with like colors to get resources from different looking people is what has happened.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lots of ingrained prejudices inside our heads. Prejudice is a safety mechanism in the brain (look it up). Its why some white guys and girls move across the street seeing a couple of black guys. Doesn't mean they are racist. They just look at the clothing -_- and are like "ah crap." It also has to do with bad experiences etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all... there is no war, a major war except civil wars in-between black and white. This comparing started from America where they started slavery and the European countries... And they thought they were superior because their skin is white... and the big reason was all the superior country population was all white. But the black people lived in rural areas... so yeah..
    It's just all politics.. leave it as it is because its a mess.
    There are wars between religions but not with blacks and whites (its just a hateful vibes only) pretty much all cultures are mixing up and things are changing. It's not what it was like in the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea - Everyone has a few things that make them scratch their head - Racial tension is one of mine

0|0
    0|0
  • People are scared of what's different.

2|0
    0|0
  • Bad upbringing that is perpetuated from one generation to the next. Jealousy, materialism, etc. Of course this goes beyond just ethnicity. It's the source of all human conflict and war.

When a parent favors one child in the presence of another, that other child will feel jealous and be secretly happy when something bad happens to the first one. Now imagine that on a global scale.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't, the media just likes to pretend they do to stir up controversy. What would SJWs have to bitch about if there was equality in the world? They'd die of unable to bitch syndrome. Thus, they make their own inequality so they still have a reason to exist.

0|0
    0|0
  • No wars, just white people enslaving black people and black people fighting with themselves so they didn't really resist

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything you see on TV is the media blowing it out of proportion.

Also there were no wars years ago. Africans enslaved their own and sold their slaves to the Europeans. There were slaves from all of the world of every race, however, African slaves were cheaper and stronger then most other races so that is why more of them were enslaved.

On a side note this crap still goes on in Africa with slavery and tribal wars.

0|0
    0|0
  • really? Do they not teach you history in school? Do you sleep in class?

whites had our ancestors in chains for over 500 years till now. They don't give a fk about us... only unless we're able to make them money. After they are done with us we are dispose of.

0|1
    0|1
  • Slavery. White land owners had black slaves and the land owners treated them horrible most of the time. Slavery is the biggest cause as to why.

0|1
    0|1
    • Read about white slavery brother. White Irish people were sold to blacks as a slaves long before black slaver was started.

• that small thing called slavery that happened a long time ago...

and jim crow, segregation, lynchings and other small stuff..

1|0
    0|0
  • Slavery. But it was so many years ago, you would think people would have gotten over it by now.

0|0
    1|0
  • What wars did Blacks and Whites Fight? I can't think of any but the South African Civil War...

0|1
    0|0
  • There is a reason why black and white hate each other one if you look at history you will get sorted out and second one i think not a good place to say but its a universal truth

0|0
    0|0
  • There alor bad blood between them and even today, it's like poor vs the rich

0|0
    0|0
  • Slavery, may or may not have had something to do with it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not that, black people just love to play the race card.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's FREE to hate

0|0
    0|0
  • Blacks are cursed.

0|0
    2|3
  • Today many black Americans use the past as an excuse for theor situation. The past of 20 years ago is more relevant than 200 years ago. When their father decided not to remain in the house and raise them. Many of these guys spend their money in themselves and dont raise their kids and most importantly sacrafice so their kids have a better life. my real priviledge as white was having two parents who sacrficed for me and pushed, and pushed me hard, my to get an education and do well.

Stunning how black who are trying are being called all kinds of names by the rest who want to remain in the ghetto baby momma lifestyle. Obama was raised by old white people (his grandparents) and he turned out great but the ghetto type like to think he is a product of their people, he is not. now white girls are getting knocked up and left by these guys. Sad for these women but they were stupid. It will be interesting as in 20 years there will be many more raised like Obama but then who will the ghetto blacks have to blame as many more pull ahead and leave them behind.

0|1
    3|3