Pregnant woman leaves her husband. Is this kidnaping?

If a woman is pregnant and decides to leave the "baby's dad" is it considered kidnaping even if the baby is not born yet?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• The women is free to leave but the father has a right to his child and to be part of his child's life. The women has no pace keeping that from him unless he is a bad person and would make a bad father.

The sole choice does not rest with the one carrying it, it does take two to make a baby after all.

• So say the lady dissapeared, what happens then? Who can he sue if she's nowhere to be found?

• Nothing he can do at that present time, except look for her or wait until she pops up again then take her to court.

• Legally I guess not since an unborn child does officially not have an identity so you probably can't kidnap it... that's not scientific, just common sense :-)
    Of course it's a situation which is to be avoided in the interests of the child. A child is most happy in a family!

• So how is it that hurting a pregnant woman and killing the unborn kid is still considered murder? The baby has no ID...

• That's a good one... let's hope there's a judge or a sollicitor on here who can explain us!
      But it's a good question. And one of which we all think it is and remains fiction :o

• I think the only crime where a foetus is considered is like if you attack a pregnant woman and she loses baby you can be charged with homicide ( this is from TV so I don't know how right I am )

• Nope. Assuming that the father is fit to be a parent, then it's a real dick head move, but it's not kidnapping.

• Normally it should be kidnapping considering no abuse and such happened.

After all, murdering a pregnant woman is also considered double-murder - so this is a similar principle.

• kidnappin? huh, hell no... but immoral, yeah it is

• What's the circumstances here? Why did she do that in the first place?

• No its not

• no. her child is hers.

• She didn't need a penis to create it? And how is it that all those Amber alerts are normally because one of the parents took the child without the other parents permission?

• yes she needs that, but she 9 months she carries her child and painfully giving it birth...

• So what? That doesn't make her more fit to be the parent with the most decisions. They both put 50% of thei DNA in the baby

What Girls Said 6

• No I don't think so.

• It's not kidnapping. As long as one of the parents have the kid it's not considered kidnapping unles court orders are in place. Once the baby is born you can file for visitation and you will also have to pay child support.

• But the lady disappeared with the baby. No where to be found.

• She can be found. I'm sure her family and friends no exactly where she is. If you file the courts will find her.

• You know how often people disappear? Normally is the guys that leave and dissapear so they don't have to pay child support

• Even if the baby is born and she leaves the dad i don't think this is called kidnapping.
    I guess the only time she could have problems is if they have a legal custody agreement and either does not do what has been agreed.

• It is not kidnapping i think. Pregnant woman have right to go.

• With someone's else's child? And then what? Let a man miss his child's life? And wait 10 years and then charge backed up child support.

• I don't think it is since the baby hasn't yet been born, but after the birth I guess there is the whole custody thing that comes into play, and if the man truly wants to be a part of the child's life then they should have the right to.

• It is weird.. If both of you agree that you want to be separated it's ok. If you leave and he does not know.. It is bit stupid.